Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant reviews

Options
  • 14-02-2006 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

I think we were posting here before about restaurants in Waterford a while back so I said Id give ya a little review of my escapades over the past few days.

Asila in Tramore - Early bird
    I gotta say that in the past few months, I thought Asilla's food had become a little careless. However.. dinner last week was fantastic. 6 of us had dinner and the girl who owns it (I think) really looked after us well. The little things to make us welcome were almost more impressive than the food. Im delighted to say that Asilla's food is well on the up again.

Fitzpatricks - Early Bird
    I didnt know this place existed until a few weeks ago. 2 Courses for €20 isnt bad so we gave it a whirl. The staff are very professional although I felt one or two were very "gruff". The food was good, although the Early Bird menu is a bit limited. I had steak which was very very well presented but was a bit overcooked for me. (I think medium in one restaurant is well done in others).
    Overall I enjoyed it and Id go back again.

If anyone else has any gems that I havent considered, Id love to know about it. I dont drink or smoke so this is how I spend my money! I dont like spending €40 a head on meals if its worth €20, which is the case in too many of the restaurants in Waterford.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Trotter wrote:
    I think we were posting here before about restaurants in Waterford a while back so I said Id give ya a little review of my escapades over the past few days.

Asila in Tramore - Early bird
    I gotta say that in the past few months, I thought Asilla's food had become a little careless. However.. dinner last week was fantastic. 6 of us had dinner and the girl who owns it (I think) really looked after us well. The little things to make us welcome were almost more impressive than the food. Im delighted to say that Asilla's food is well on the up again.

Fitzpatricks - Early Bird
    I didnt know this place existed until a few weeks ago. 2 Courses for €20 isnt bad so we gave it a whirl. The staff are very professional although I felt one or two were very "gruff". The food was good, although the Early Bird menu is a bit limited. I had steak which was very very well presented but was a bit overcooked for me. (I think medium in one restaurant is well done in others).
    Overall I enjoyed it and Id go back again.

If anyone else has any gems that I havent considered, Id love to know about it. I dont drink or smoke so this is how I spend my money! I dont like spending €40 a head on meals if its worth €20, which is the case in too many of the restaurants in Waterford.

Did the Sea Horse in Tramore on Valentine's Night. €20 per head for a four course meal. We paid €40 for BOTH of us (and it wasn't an early bird menu). I've often paid close on €80 or more for the same in town. Lovely spot. Great atmosphere. Staff were very friendly and service very prompt. Plenty of everything.

I had chicken wings for starters; 6oz steak, huge portion of apple pie with separate ice cream; and tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭newme2006

I discovered this place after myself and my boyf booked a table at the Wine Vault.

i booked it for our anniversary and i thought it was great, i love the street that the restaurant is on its small and you would be forgiven for thinking you werent in waterford.

the staff were prodominently male, the service was good, and the food was beautiful. i had the minestrone soup for starters, and the special of the day which was lasagne, which was quite simply beautiful.

I wanted to eat there for Valentines but they were booked out, so we went in last night, this time i had Funghi Al Aglio for starters, which is just a really fancy way of saying Garlic mushrooms, they were so fresh and neat! again i had the lasagne, because it is just fantastic, the meal on both occasions for 2 including a pint of lager for my boyfriend came in just under €60.00 altogether. its my new favorite!

Advertisement