Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nike Slingshots??

Options
  • 14-02-2006 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting these clubs as I'm going to try and get a good run at golf this year and have never really been happy with my (incomplete) set of cast iron clubs.

I've seen all the good things people have to say about them but just wondering if anyone has anything bad to say about them?
    (Apart from maybe someone who plays off less than 10 and thinks they are too easy)

Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

One thing going for them besides their crazy insane design, is the savage sound they make =D Its deadly to hit a shot and hear the woosh they give.

But I played 2 rounds with them, trialing there bout 1-2 yr ago and found them amazingly hard to shape.....if you dont shape balls, then they are a good club. But Spin was very limited too.

The design is supposidly to make you think your hitting a wood, cause they are supposidly easier to hit then irons. You wont get the same spin rate as other irons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

WillyWonka wrote:
    Thinking of getting these clubs as I'm going to try and get a good run at golf this year and have never really been happy with my (incomplete) set of cast iron clubs.

I've seen all the good things people have to say about them but just wondering if anyone has anything bad to say about them?
    (Apart from maybe someone who plays off less than 10 and thinks they are too easy)

Alan
    why don't you try them out down in celbridge driving range, go down a few times and get a feel for them, you might discover whther you like them or not just from trying them out there and you won't have to worry if you don't as you won't have bought them.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

why don't you try them out down in celbridge driving range, go down a few times and get a feel for them, you might discover whther you like them or not just from trying them out there and you won't have to worry if you don't as you won't have bought them.;)

I presume its a driving range with pro shop where I can "try before I buy" or do they actually have demo days there a lot?

Also one thing I've read about the slingshots is that they help you get the ball in the air easily, thats not a problem for me though I usually get too much height on the ball!

Any other decent but affordable game improvement irons out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

WillyWonka wrote:
    I presume its a driving range with pro shop where I can "try before I buy" or do they actually have demo days there a lot?

Bingo, they have a mcjerks there, you leave in a wee deposit bout €10 or your car keys if your stuck for money they let you try the clubs out on the range

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Instead of trialing out to Celbricge (assuming you don't live there of course), there is a Golfworks in Spawell, Templeogue and which will let you try out any club you want, they can even adjust it to suit your needs

• Advertisement

swingking wrote:
    Instead of trialing out to Celbricge (assuming you don't live there of course), there is a Golfworks in Spawell, Templeogue and which will let you try out any club you want, they can even adjust it to suit your needs

Cool, I pass that every evening on my way home from work.
    Thats a pretty good service :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 thirtysomething

http://www.onlinegolf.co.uk/2

Thi website has them on a big reduction - GBP £249.00 for the set......:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rsteve

:confused::confused:
    WillyWonka wrote:

Alan
    bought them did not like them only 8 irons no sand iron.they are crap.reduced 700euro to 300euro.i rest my case.::

rsteve wrote:
    :confused::confused:
    bought them did not like them only 8 irons no sand iron.they are crap.reduced 700euro to 300euro.i rest my case.::

What was it that you didn't like about them?
    Are you selling...?

Advertisement