Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inspiron 7000. No Power

Options
  • 14-02-2006 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, fixed a BSOD problem a couple of months ago with great advice from the guys here. Now have another problem, different lappie.
    This one is a Dell Inspiron 7000. The problem is simple enough to describe. I heard a crackling sort of noise that lasted only a sec or so, and laptop went dead. It now has no power. Power supply is fine (light on), but no power light on laptop even with fully charged battery. I realise that there are numerous reasons why this may be happening, but if you could point me in the directions of a few of the "most likely" causes, then I would have a good starting point.
    Any advice greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

The problem is simple enough to describe. I heard a crackling sort of noise that lasted only a sec or so, and laptop went dead

This points to a hardware short something to do with the powersupply within the laptop. The crackling noise you heard was mostly lightly dying electonices (Not a good thing). This is one of those things that you wont be able to fix yourself, you will mostly lightly have to return the laptop. The motherboard will mostly lightly have to be replaced!

Advertisement