Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bands just wanna have fun

Options
  • 14-02-2006 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

doesnt anyone want to have fun in a band anymore, without all the crap of what influences we have and how were gonna play. if you want to start a tribute bring your influences if you want to start an original band just bring yourself and your instrument. i know metalheads cant play together with indieheads but its the stuff in between that everyone wigs out about, i just want to play rock n roll if anyone else wants to play with me then lets try something if its no good so what its gonna kill ya, if it is good you might have some fun, so get in touch if you want

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭tony stark

what do you play?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

fair play for what you are trying to say here but this never works.
    you have to mention bands to get an interest.
    im against crap like, label interest.4reviews in hot press. etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Age, location ect. Im in a really serious band at the moment but its all got quite hot under the collar. Looking to just have a luagh and see where it goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 blacktie

where abouts you situated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

details details. im 23 on the northside of dublin and i play guitar and write and sing a bit. the most important thing to me is just getting a group of people on a similar wavelength no matter what you play or whatever, just as long as your willing to try something and fail if necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 times2

I respect where your coming from and yes...it is a must to have fun but do you know whats even better???creating special music in a dedicated,serious manner and fuse that together with a whole lot of fun!!that's just my opinion mate......different strokes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭sanfran

are you a fan of bigstar/alex chilton?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭joenailface

hey im totally with this guy, im in a band and my influences on bass are flea, rancid, leftover crack and mouthwash. our guitarists influences are at the drive-in, rage against the machine and alexisonfire. our drummer is influenced by tool and radiohead and our singer is influenced by metallica and nirvana. but hey that dosnt mean we write songs in any way like any of those bands and its working very well i mean with all those different influences we can write drastically strange songs and hey aint that what made the beatles great...not including more music theory than the heads of most jazz bands (no comparison being made to us :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

bigstar wrote:
    details details. im 23 on the northside of dublin and i play guitar and write and sing a bit. the most important thing to me is just getting a group of people on a similar wavelength no matter what you play or whatever, just as long as your willing to try something and fail if necessary.
    you're never going to get with people on the same wavelength if you don't know their INFLUENCES!

Jesus, that's like applying for a job before even know what the ****in thing entails, it's called idiotic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

influences influences influences influences if your influences are so important why are you posting on boards why arent you in a band already, is it because even though you all have similar influences its been crap. i do have influences almost anything that could be called rock n roll from the early blues and country it came from through the beatles and soul music and the clash to what is now alt rock (alternative to what). those are my influences if you want something specific then were of no interest to each other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Pulp_Surfin'

I agree with what your saying about influences. The only thing that's important is 'Rockin' Out!' If your up for a jam sometime let us know. I play drums & my brother plays lead guitar.

Advertisement