Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet buys Netsource

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

BendiBus wrote:
    And becomes the 3rd largest ISP after Eircom & BT

http://www.rte.ie/business/2006/0213/magnet.html

I see that being number 3 is somehow of great importance to Magnet . I wonder is the combined Chorus/NTL or IBB or Digweb or Smart would care to start the "War of the Three " with Magnet someday soon :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

I wonder who'll buy UTV.

If it were to be put up for sale that is...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You were hinting at a sale in the sector , is it UTV ?

I would think another media company rather than a telco .

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

hmmm if BTIreland bought UTV and combined their billing departments, that'd be fun :(

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭BendiBus

jwt wrote:
    hmmm if BTIreland bought UTV and combined their billing departments, that'd be fun :(

John

If you bought BT Ireland, you might not get billed for it for years :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

BendiBus wrote:
    If you bought BT Ireland, you might not get billed for it for years :D

haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Sponge Bob wrote:
    I see that being number 3 is somehow of great importance to Magnet . I wonder is the combined Chorus/NTL or IBB or Digweb or Smart would care to start the "War of the Three " with Magnet someday soon :p

No, I dont think so - "lad" swinging is not what we are about anyway! always amazes me that RA always has to quote €Xm in X time. If they spent all the money RA talks about spending it would be cheaper to buy eircom and be done with it :D

what is interesting about this is that Magnet will cancel all these customers on Bitstream and migrate to LLU - 5k less Bitstream Customers....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

crawler wrote:
    what is interesting about this is that Magnet will cancel all these customers on Bitstream and migrate to LLU - 5k less Bitstream Customers....
    How long will that take??? Considering €ircon's glacial pace some people could end up with no BB for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Yes but the time it takes to migrate 5K users to LLU means we won't be gettng too excited for a while yet!

.cg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

crawler wrote:

I more look at it as 5k more LLU! That is probably going to double the current numbers (I have no statistics, I'm just guessing).

I wonder how long it will take to migrate them all across. I wonder will many object to being LLU customers?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

paulm17781 wrote:
    I more look at it as 5k more LLU! That is probably going to double the current numbers (I have no statistics, I'm just guessing).

I wonder how long it will take to migrate them all across. I wonder will many object to being LLU customers?

Probably not if Magnet offer to double their speed for no extra cost, or something like that.

However they are still going to hit the difficulty with the broken LLU process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

My brother used to have a netsource connection at home (don't know who he is with now probably still netsource). He wouldn't want to have to change his number and I am sure there are more in the same boat.

Advertisement