Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for clothes in Birmingham, UK

Options
  • 12-02-2006 8:10pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey, I'm looking for clothes for my fancy dress 21st and can't find anything decent in Wolves (no surprise)
    Does anyone know of an Eager Beaver-style shop in Birmingham where i can find something decent.
    Basically I'm dressing up as Prince and need some purple flares, a purple (velvet if possible) jacket an a frilly shirt.. I know I'd get them in Eager Beaver but won't be back in Dublin until 3 or so days before my party, and I don't want it left that long.
    There's probably a good chance of finding something in Camden Market in London, that's plan B if I don't find anything soon... any recommendations for London if I do head there?

So far the Web has been fruitless, I found the perfect jacket but it was £300... for a fancy dress party? Eh, No....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Yeah that's the problem - you'll find that the price tags on most fancy dress stuff may be big...

You tried www.yell.com for fancy dress shops near you? If not, try phoning around the charity shops in your area...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Yeah that's the problem - you'll find that the price tags on most fancy dress stuff may be big...

You tried www.yell.com for fancy dress shops near you? If not, try phoning around the charity shops in your area...

Checking around Yell.com for a few places; I'm trying to avoid actual fancy dress places for obvious reasons, I'd prefer to find a retro clothes shop (like Eager Beaver) or a charity shop with what I want.
    I'd say I'd have an alright chance in Birmingham if I had a few ideas of where to go, and London would certainly have what I wanted if I end up going there; hopefully I won't have to go that far though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Besprechen

try looking at http://www.fancydresshire.co.uk/
    located 20 mins up the m54 from wolves, ive bought there before and if they dont have it, ask and they'll probably order it in for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

If you goto the train station its right by the bull shopping center which is massive. Take a look there I guess. Also B'ham is meant to have quite a large Asian population isn't it? Look for a bollywood style shop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

If you're looking for something like that then you won't find anything in the Bullring tbh. Possibly Cult if you're lucky but highly unlikely. If you walk down High Street you'll come to a really old raggeddy shopping centre. You'll see vendors selling towels and cheap, crappy clothes. Walk past these and you'll see a place called "Oasis market". It has New Rocks and Levis in the window. There are like 3 floors in there. There's a huge selection of random clothes and purple flares are likely. If you want a pair of purple cords and head down to Birmingham I'll sell you mine for £20. Size 30 waist.

• Advertisement
Advertisement