Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motherboard monitor

Options
  • 12-02-2006 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

Hi guys got me new 4800+ Dual Core and it rocks ! running it at 2.6 (FX 60 sppeds) and its as stable as fook!

whats a good motheroard temp monitoring programme ? this Asus one is pissing me of!!

thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

I've used both of these.....

Speedfan

Motherboard Monitor

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

what motherboard have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Drapper wrote:
    Hi guys got me new 4800+ Dual Core and it rocks ! running it at 2.6 (FX 60 sppeds) and its as stable as fook!

whats a good motheroard temp monitoring programme ? this Asus one is pissing me of!!

thanks guys

Nice 1, my 4400+ is rock solid on air at 1.4V @ 2.6ghz. These clock well. My Bro's 4800+ (on phase tho) Is Dual Prime stable at 3.2ghz!!!

If you have the DFI Lanparty Expert let me know and I'll give you the links to the customised MBM5 files.

Inqui

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Inquitus wrote:
    My Bro's 4800+ (on phase tho) Is Dual Prime stable at 3.2ghz!!!
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

what motherboard have you got?

same as you the delux version, first time overclocking using this BOard! all help greatly appreciated !!

also Wizzard does the SLI set up make a difference? I've one XFX 7800 GTX (extreme edition)

• Advertisement

Well I found the modified for Asus A8N-sli version of mbm5 on this thread over on overclockers.co.uk

I think the direct link for the files is here I presume these will work on the deluxe version. Only one way to find out I suppose?

Works a treat for me anyway, I have it linked up with samurize and it looks like this

Well I found the modified for Asus A8N-sli version of mbm5 on this thread over on overclockers.co.uk

what exactly does it do mate?

It'll give you read outs of cpu temp, case temp, hd temps, fan speeds etc
    The reason its modified is because the original mbm5 creators stopped updating it a while ago so people have to modify the program to make it work on newer boards.

It'll give you read outs of cpu temp, case temp, hd temps, fan speeds etc

sweet.

/edit aint working certain drivers found :-(

Inquitus wrote:
    Nice 1, my 4400+ is rock solid on air at 1.4V @ 2.6ghz. These clock well. My Bro's 4800+ (on phase tho) Is Dual Prime stable at 3.2ghz!!!

If you have the DFI Lanparty Expert let me know and I'll give you the links to the customised MBM5 files.

Inqui

mamnged to get 2.8 :D ( on air ) last night but the vcore fluctuates! ;-(

the most stable with my RAM is 2.64 / 2.7

ahh sure its the biz, thanks lads for the advice

Inqui the PMs are much appreciated!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Anyone have anything for monitoring graphics cards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Rivatuner I do believe will do the job you want SyxPak. Or else ATITool, or else the nvidia display panel.

There are plugins for MBM5 for monitoring graphics cards. I used them successfully when I had a DFI board and SLI cards.

ATI or nVidia?

Rivatuner I do believe will do the job you want SyxPak. Or else ATITool, or else the nvidia display panel.

I used to have this installed but it turned out to be a bit of resoruce hog, maybe newer versions have addressed this but otherwise not really worth installing if your only using it for temp monitoring.

Wizzard: Having a graphics card gpu monitor built into mbm5 would be quite handy, any more info?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

WizZard wrote:
    There are plugins for MBM5 for monitoring graphics cards. I used them successfully when I had a DFI board and SLI cards.

ATI or nVidia?
    MSI ATi x800XL
    Mobo is a DFI NF4 LP SLI-DR
    I would ideally like to see SMB addresses being accessed too if possible, I've yet to find a program that detects and names my temp probes correctly.

This is the guide I used. Very easy to follow. I think I still have my config files saved if anyone is having probs.

Advertisement