Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

80's version of file sharing...

Options
  • 11-02-2006 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

hf_homeTaping.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

LOL think I might just have to look into getting that on a t-shirt

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

home_taping.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

I remember that ! I used to be terrified to tape someone else's albums in case I got caught!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

They never thought it could get worse than home taping the BANG!! Napster!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,556 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

meldrew wrote:
    I remember that ! I used to be terrified to tape someone else's albums in case I got caught!
    Whimp! Back in the late 1970's/early 1980's we had a whole kiddy mini-cottege industry happening!

There's be a network of about 12 of us, with different tastes. If it wasn't for home-taping I wouldn't have gotten into esoteric stuff like Half-Man Half-Biscuit, Voivod, early-Bowie, Bauhaus, PiL, all of Ska, etc etc and I'd still be just listening to Kate Bush and ELO to this day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭dingding

I'd still be just listening to Kate Bush and ELO to this day.

Good choice of music what ever happned to Kate Bush and ELO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Kate bush brought out and album recently...and i have no idea why i know that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Kate bush brought out and album recently...and i have no idea why i know that!!!
    Cos you heard or read about it at some stage??

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The new kate bush album is really good. Still cant get her dvd of videos though, some were amazing with famous actors and directors. You can get laser disc transfers on ebay.

As for file sharing I used to get packets of discs from UK pirates, the biggest group were the "pompeii pirates" and there were lots of others. My name & address was in a computer magazine once and I had tons of pirates wanting to swap with me.

Advertisement