Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qn - Eircom Hotspot Charges

Options
  • 11-02-2006 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

I thought that Eircom Hotspots had an hourly charge but, if I'm reading the blurb correctly on their site, then an existing Broadband customer can get unlimited access for €10 (plus VAT) per month.

Am I reading this correctly?

If so, another couple of questions.

a) Is there anything to stop two different users with two different laptops logging in (at different times, obviously) ?

b) We're opening a shop later this year in a location which has a hotspot. Is there anything to stop us using a monthly hotspot subscription for that shop rather than getting a new package for the shop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

You have to be an eircom Business Broadband customer. I'm sure it works by username/password. It might let you in, someone here might have tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

You don't have to be a business customer according to the Eircom site. It does work by username/password but it looks like you have to buy multiple subscriptions for multiple users. Home users seem to be limited to one subscription (ie 1 username/password to access).
    I'm sure you could share the connection between machines though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I got a free trial of it that I have never used. Their hotspot locations are not that convenient. I know a fellow who's using it a bit, though. I don't know anything about multiple users etc. Eircom.net are the ones selling it, but they may or may not know anything about it. I tend to find them a bit hit and miss, and I remember my buddy had some hassle with them to get it setup in the first place. Persistence and patience are two virtues one needs when dealing with Eircom.

But it's in principle not a bad deal, until you consider that you can get BT's 1Mbps for €35 inc line rental (presumably the shop has a phone line already, so that's €10 inc VAT for BB). A lot of those hotspots perform pretty badly in my experience.

Advertisement