Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

motherboard cpu and pci graphics card upgrade

Options
  • 11-02-2006 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello all I have upgraded my system to a Athlon 64 cpu & Motherboard and pci card I am useing an old hard drive with windows xp loadded on it .the hard dirve can from a old pc witch came as a bundle so I do not have a boot disk .The bios is detecting all the hard ware on the mainboard but can not open windows in normal mode it has to go through safe mode to start any one got any ideas other than going and buying a new windows software package and reinstalling or
    I was going to use the restore from hard drive.

Help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

you'll need to uninstall all your old drivers. Graphics, motherboard sound etc. Then reinstall new ones from the manufacturers websites.

Even then your windows may be unstable. It generally doesnt like changing motherboards. A fresh install is probably your best bet or maybey you have a restore point from when windows was originally installed?

Advertisement