Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not Enough Encouragement For Young Irish Writers

Options
  • 10-02-2006 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Let me know what you think on this issue, but I think that there is certainly not enough being done out there to encourage the next generation of Irish writers. We have always been known as a country to produce great talent in many things and it was never any different in literature. I see a move away from this.
    There is definitly young people out there who can write. And write exceptionally well. Are they being ignored??

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I don't think so, there are numerous avenues for Irish writers, they just have to put the work in

They aren't just discovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

What do you mean exactly by 'encourage'?

James Joyce wasn't exactly encouraged!

Personally I think our tradition of 'great-writers' is completely over-rated and a tourist-marketing ploy.

Advertisement