Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SATA HDD Help

Options
  • 10-02-2006 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hey, I just finished building my new pc, but my hdd is giving me some issues.
    I installed windows onto the box just fine and the system runs like magic but windows keeps giving me a "safely remove hardware" icon in the tool bar asking me to safely remove my new HDD (the system only has one hdd which is SATA btw). I can not figure out why it's doing so or how to stop it doing so.

Any help would be welcomed.

PS The hdd is a Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 10 NCQ 250GB 6V250F0 SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM (HD-088-MD)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Bet it's an nF4 chipset on the motherboard?
    This is normal. You can safely ignore it.

Not installing the nVidia IDE SW driver would prevent this (this driver is only required for RAID).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 holeyshoe

Yep, NF4. Would uninstalling the drivers solve the prob before it drives me mad?

Yeah, use DriverCleaner Pro (in Safe mode) to ensure that the drivers are completely uninstalled.
    Then restart and reinstall them, choose only the ones you need (generally just ethernet and chipset).

What/where is DriverCleanerPro?

Ah now, c'mon. Google

• Advertisement

WizZard wrote:
    Ah now, c'mon. Google
    Woops forgot about that :o
    Will go uninstall frivers quickly

Advertisement