Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Module Registration**

Options
  • 10-02-2006 12:19pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭

In light of some people not knowing about this and as you can get fined for it (loss of drinking money) i am reminding ye all today.

It starts on the 13th of feb and finishes on the 19th of feb. You should have recieved an e-mail from your course secretary reminding you.

Go to www.ul.ie - online student records -current students - (fill in your details) - module registration.
    http://sipr-xi.ul.ie/urd/sits.urd/run/siw_lgn
    important if you havent done it for the coming semester or returning from coop or for next semester. Whatever the case may be.

nukem

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

hey first year business student.
    chose sociology as my elective

is it possible to change it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Yeah it probably is you'll have to go to Student Services and ask them.

I would like to remind everyone that the module registration functionality is unavailable outside of Week 1 and generally between Weeks 3-5 of each semester. Week1 to register for the coming semester and Weeks 3-5 for people doing elective modules for which you have to pre - register. Most of you probably know this already but just in case anyone is unfamiliar with it.

Cheers
    Rory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭*yoda*

hey i know one of the girls changed from the maths option to sociology wit no hassle but she did it at the start of 2nd year. i presume its just as easy to get it sorted after one semester. ye only do it for the 2 years anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Im just after completing module registration like a good boy and a full 10 days before the due date how great am I !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭*yoda*

cooperguy wrote:
    Im just after completing module registration like a good boy and a full 10 days before the due date how great am I !!!

pat yourself on the back. and good job reminding me to do it now before everyone is back on monday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I just did it as well. I wasn't being good though, I thought my results would come at the end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

I registered but only three of my modules came up. The other two are electives and there was nowhere that said i could add modules so now i think Im only registered for three. Does this mean queueing at student admin next monday?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Unfortunately for you yes. If you're doing elective modules you have to register for them generally around week 5 of each semester. That's why they're not apprearing on your timetable. If you know the module codes for your electives you can get the timetables for those modules from the timetable website.

Cheers
    Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Me puzzled.

Followed the link above, answered the questions and then one optional module (which I mant to do) came up.

I have this module on my timetable, as well as the others I want to do.

I selected the module that wason screen, pressed "submit selections" and nothing happened- any ideas?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

klong wrote:
    Me puzzled.

Followed the link above, answered the questions and then one optional module (which I mant to do) came up.

I have this module on my timetable, as well as the others I want to do.

I selected the module that wason screen, pressed "submit selections" and nothing happened- any ideas?

Were you using Firefox? Because last year when I used firefox to pre-register, it went exactly the same as that (My selections went though okay)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Yes, I'm using Firefox

EDIT: tried it in the library on one of the computers there, same result (i.e., nothing)...now what?

Advertisement