Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hazelhatch, Celbridge

Options
  • 09-02-2006 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Any idea how far Hazelhatch (around the trainstation) is from Celbridge town / village? Is it in walking distance? and if so how far.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

1 or 2 miles.

20 - 30 minute walk roughly.

But there's a shuttle bus AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

its a km exactly according to the brochure

but wear something luminous if you are walking it at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 zinbe

Great stuff, had a feeling it was roughly that. House hunting at the moment, anyone here from Celbridge? What is the town like these days? Familiar with it years back but not in recent years. Any info apprecaited. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'm not from there but it seems like a nice place, I work there but not in the town, it can have a few crowds of young people hanging around but then again, where don't you have that? hah anyway yeah it seems nice and the people are pretty friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

its an alright town to live in, just make sure you live as far away from the village and crodaun as you can. too many idiot young people.

the new estates (wolstans haven etc) seem nice tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

yeah. stay away from the village. some jackass stabbed me one night when i was in celbridge village.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Hey, just saw this. I'm buying a 2 bed terraced house in Raphaels Manor - anyone know what thats like?

Whats the traffic like at peak times?

Gonna try and rent a large double room so am wondering what the rental scene is like? How much should I charge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

St Raphaels is very nice. It's on the far side of the bridge / village so it depends what direction you want to travel. Coming towards hazelhatch / newcastle is pretty busy in the morning then you hit the N7..depends where your going really... ive lived here for 2 years and never seen any trouble really. i live in st wolstans abbey, nice estate and gone up a good few yoyos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rambler1

Mutz wrote: »
    Hey, just saw this. I'm buying a 2 bed terraced house in Raphaels Manor - anyone know what thats like?

Whats the traffic like at peak times?

Gonna try and rent a large double room so am wondering what the rental scene is like? How much should I charge?
    Hey Mutz Did u go ahead with St Raphaels and if so how do you like it as Im thinking of getting a place there myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Hey rambler.

Well I'm living here since May 06 and like it a lot. Bought a 2 bed town house and re-decorated it and made it my own so very settled now.

I find the travel to work very easy. Pubs are good and there's a few nice places for jogging and walking if your so inclined.

St Raphaels is a lovely estate. Haven't had any trouble here at all. From doublin city centre its a 36-40 euro taxi journey so hope that gives you an idea! :o

What kinf of house were ya thinking of buying? I think the 3 bed semis are goinf for 370 ish which is good value. The two bed town houses (without the back garden) are going for between 300k-315. I got one of these and find they're very spacious for two people.

• Advertisement
Advertisement