Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helpful suggestions for UL

Options
  • 09-02-2006 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

EDITED by Nukem

Please give your views on UL and how it may be improved or other helpful suggestions.

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

hey hey..come over to Mary I and you wont be long appreciating UL i tell ya!!:D

Tho we do have modern computers and little cues:eek: ...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Its not that bad they may have gottin rid of the air hockey tables but they added more pool tables. And im still living in hope that The Scholars will open this semester like the SU said it might!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Edit - Not very helpful - Edit

Nukem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Edit - Not very helpful - Edit

Nukem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭toString

It sounds like UL has gone downhill since I left!! (Not academically, I hope)

I have been in DCU as well though and I think the craic in UL was better even with one bar, as it was then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Ah rozie delighted to see your back and starting the semester off with a nice banning - call it 2weeks.

Why:
    -Personal abuse
    -Posting rubbish
    -Just because you have a view dont make it right

Karoma since you took a hand in it, id like to ban you but as iv never had to say nout to you before i will leave it go (this time)
    -Careful Now-

Post edited to .......eh........a nicer demeanor

Nukem

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

*Applauds Nukem*

Bravo another banning well done! Thank you... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Gee, looks like I missed all the fun... anyone wanna fill me in??

Damn, thats what I get for not having a net connection at home :(

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

The Scholars needs to be done up and reopened
    There ought to be a late night cafe
    Take out the speed bumps (my poor car!)
    New carpet in the library

Whole thing needs to be roofed so I don't get wet the instant I walk out the door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Cosine

:( Acording to a recent-ish copy of An Focail the SU shop is eyeing up the scholars and thinking of moving in. I also have it from a reliable source that the reason the scholars is closed is the what-his-face that owns it (dolan's warehous guy whose name I can'na remember) wasn't really paying monies to the SU for the rooms he was taking up with the scholars and the SU/College had had enough and wouldn't let him keep scholars open till he paid off what he owes.

My recomendation:
    - Bike lock areas witha rain cover, cycling home with a wet bum is not pleasant :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Elley

More Car Parking please! Its a joke!

Elley wrote:
    More Car Parking please! Its a joke!
    Love if someone did a study on how many parking spaces there are and a rough estimation on the cars there are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Nukem wrote:
    Love if someone did a study on how many parking spaces there are and a rough estimation on the cars there are!

cars > parking spaces. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

I reckon if someone opened a Subway were the Pharmacy used to be it would make a packet.

Maybe some sort more links with local businesses giving students discounts would be good too.

Train station.

Nicer weather.

Move the exams forward to before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

well, we've all been having probs getting results. how about different results websites for the different faculties. then it wouldnt be crashing all the time. i have more ideas for improvment, but now all i can think of is getting my results.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Cosine wrote:
    My recomendation:
    - Bike lock areas witha rain cover, cycling home with a wet bum is not pleasant :mad:

Amen to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 grizi

cars > parking spaces. ;)

from http://www.ul.ie/buildings/parking.htm#psp

As of December 2004, there are 1723 parking spaces provided on the South Bank and 200 on the North Bank. These are divided into the following categories:

Reserved for Staff:
    These spaces are available exclusively to Staff of UL, who display a valid Parking Permit.

Free Open Parking:
    These spaces are available to Staff, students and visitors to the campus

Pay Car Parking
    These spaces are provided at a fee which is displayed at the entrance/exit.

Reserved Visitor Parking
    These spaces are available by e-mail booking to VisitorParking@ul.ie. The reservation must be authorised by the Head of the Department requesting the reservation.

External Members of University Club
    These spaces are provided for use by external members of the University Club only.

Essential maintenance and ITD service vehicle parking
    There is a requirement for specific essential maintenance and ITD vehicles to park in specified areas adjacent to buildings to carry out essential day to day service, maintenance and delivery functions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

It was somewhat understandable getting in trouble for an argument, but editting my post to what you did puts across the definite message, beyond a doubt, that nobody is allowed to complain about UL. That's a little scary, Orwellian and generally unfair, counterproductive and stupid. There was no reason to edit my post as it wasn't inherently provocative. It does prove what I've said before though, people won't even let you complain or point out what's wrong. People are so ridiculously defensive and never stop to think.

Plus, it looks ridiculous.

circle.gif
    Covered ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Rozie wrote:
    It was somewhat understandable getting in trouble for an argument, but editting my post to what you did puts across the definite message, beyond a doubt, that nobody is allowed to complain about UL. That's a little scary, Orwellian and generally unfair, counterproductive and stupid. There was no reason to edit my post as it wasn't inherently provocative. It does prove what I've said before though, people won't even let you complain or point out what's wrong. People are so ridiculously defensive and never stop to think.

Plus, it looks ridiculous.

Yes but what you did was complain without putting forward any suggestion whatsoever of how to improve the place from what I remember about the original post. People above have pointed out what could be improved e.g. keevita and gaf1983 both put forward good suggestions as how the place could be improved and didn't have to resort to a needless rants and personal abuse toward others. I personally agree with Nukems decision to edit the posts as they weren't very constructive to begin with.

Cheers
    Rory

• Advertisement
Advertisement