Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spam filters

• 09-02-2006 4:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

I'm getting alot of spam comments on my blog, particularly poker.
    I've played around with settings over the past few months, but I'd like to hear how other people have configured theirs.

I've filled in afew spam words, but I've left the blacklist empty for fear of nuking valid comments (I get so few that they are all precious to me).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

Have you had a look at IO Error's bad behavior?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

yeah, I've had about 30 spam comments on my blog in the last 2 or so days; they're all being stopped so I can auth them, but it's a pain to have to keep listing them as spam etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

BK - IO Error? Program, boards member, WordPress component/plugin??

Aye flogen, I'm trying to find out if each wordpress boards blog uses individual userlists or if they auth against the boards members db. Ie if I turn off non-reg'd comments and disable people creating their own accounts, will genuine comments still get through? Ideally I'd like to be notified by email if a human writes a comment, not have to pre-moderate them (but will be reviewing them en masse via the email reports) and not have to worry about random spam comments. Essentially block non-boards people from posting comments.
    In an ideal world any visitor could post a comment, there'd be no spam to filter out and the wind wouldn't muss up my hair, but I'd rather have a handful of valid comments from fellow boards users than a few extra from random internet people in the midst of a torrent of spam.

So, short question: how are 'comment' accounts auth'd on the wordpress/mod/sub blogs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement