Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under the hood of DSLite and the Rev?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Irish Halo wrote:
    Caught some of these images on 4chan last night, couldnt find a source. Thanks.

i want, I Want, I WANT!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

can't wait for e3 much longer...........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

dimerocks wrote:
    can't wait for e3 much longer...........

One poster in one fo those threads SPECULATES the worldwide launch will be last day of E3, how sweet would that be?
    Also IF they are in fullscale production already we will get a worldwide release and no shortages, stuff that where you want Sony and MS and smoke it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Irish Halo wrote:
    One poster in one fo those threads SPECULATES the worldwide launch will be last day of E3, how sweet would that be?
    Also IF they are in fullscale production already we will get a worldwide release and no shortages, stuff that where you want Sony and MS and smoke it!
    I'll believe that when I see it and not a moment before.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Same here... I will believe stuff about the Revolution launch when I'm holding the controller in my hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

What's up with some of the picutures here?

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ControllerEvo.jpg

Some of the controllers look like they've speant time in Silent Hill.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Id take a stab at concept made out of wax... but yeh, they do like kinda weirded out... flesh-tone

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looks like the moulding process to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

Nah, they're different controllers to be available for peeps who want a little more style ;) There was a book like this sent to all Nintendo shareholders. Ones in Japan got them first. Expected in the states in the coming month. There's a section for hiring college graduates in it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Cabelo wrote:
    Nah, they're different controllers to be available for peeps who want a little more style ;)
    Yeah... someone is really gonna want to buy the controller that looks like it's been left on the oceans floor for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Alvis

I found a neat video review of the DS Lite.

http://www.cabel.name/2006/03/nintendo-ds-lite-first-look.html

Apple-inspired design. Me want.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Alvis wrote:
    I found a neat video review of the DS Lite.

http://www.cabel.name/2006/03/nintendo-ds-lite-first-look.html

Apple-inspired design. Me want.

that kept crashing FF for me; had to open it in IE... Wierd

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Alvis

Maybe its due to the embedded Quicktime video... Works fine in FF (1.5) for me though.

Edit - They also announced a TV Tuner and an Internet browser for the DS lately. Amazing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

that brightness level is unreal! the gma cart filler thing is a nice touch too

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I haven't found anything on it at present, but is it true that the GBA carts will protrude from the machine? It isn't looking good as that filler is shorter than a real cart...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Get the latest EDGE for all your queries about the 'Lite, fairly comprehensive spread about it, incl. -yes- about GBA carts, which will indeed protrude a little.

Not bothered about TV tuner or browser, I just want a stable working version of pointyremote released ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

the tv tuner is only for japan afaik. Sure it dosnt matter if the gba carts stick out a bit as long as the ds is nice and small.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

From EDGE comparison shots, it looks smaller in 'depth' (front to back, front being where the GBA cart is inserted in a normal DS) by about a third or so, but looks just as wide (left side to right side) and thick (bottom to top of unit) when folded/closed up.

I was hoping it would be thinner :(

Advertisement