Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

secure parking in waterford

Options
  • 08-02-2006 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

I am off to London for a few days soon, flying from waterford airport. What is the situation for parking a car for a few days. Is the airport carpark secure?

Is there any place in town where one could securely leave their car for a weekend? What would the approx cost be?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

My Dad flew over to Manchester last weekend and he rang the airport and enquired beforehand as to how much the car park in the airport would cost from Friday morning to Sunday lunchtime. They informed him it would be €18 for the three days. Needless to say, we brought him out.

What a rip off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

€18 seems like reasonable value considering what you can pay elsewhere. On a recent work trip the colleague I travelled with had to pay €17 for a single days parking near the train station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

6 quid a day is cheap imo.
    As far as I know the carpark is secure, I've certainly never heard of anyone having hassle there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

That sounds like good value to me, a lot cheaper than town car parks anyway.
    I've never heard of anyone having any hassle with cars at the airport. The whole place is locked up at night, and tbh it's probably too far from town to bother car thieves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Thanks for the reassurances folks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

Aquos76 wrote:
    My Dad flew over to Manchester last weekend and he rang the airport and enquired beforehand as to how much the car park in the airport would cost from Friday morning to Sunday lunchtime. They informed him it would be €18 for the three days. Needless to say, we brought him out.

What a rip off
    how is 6 quid a day bad value?:confused: if its a secure surly its worth it

because it was only €5.00 set charge up to lately. Thats why. And who actually said it was secure?

Aquos76 wrote:
    because it was only €5.00 set charge up to lately. Thats why. And who actually said it was secure?

well it is an airport you would expect it to be secure anyway..... and 5 euro up to six sure still aint bad if it is secure. IF its secure

It was a SET charge of €5 not €5 per day.

Have you ever visited this airport. Its out in the middle of no where with all back roads leading out to it. I would not leave my car out there for any length of time, thats one sure thing.

Aquos76 wrote:
    It was a SET charge of €5 not €5 per day.

Have you ever visited this airport. Its out in the middle of no where with all back roads leading out to it. I would not leave my car out there for any length of time, thats one sure thing.

srry man i didnt realise it was a set charge;) 6 quid a day is a bit of a hike now that i think about it, yea i have been there a few times, thought it looked fine though

• Advertisement
Advertisement