Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* BSG Game *

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Here's a link to a trailer vid.

Looks very polished to me. Even the sound of the cylon raiders passing sounds like the series.

OT: In series 1, episode 3, was the leader of the prisoners the original Apollo from the 78 series?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Here's an interesting question...

If this game is no longer produced and you are unable tog et hold of it from the shops etc... is it still illegal/unethical to download and crack it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Khannie wrote:
    OT: In series 1, episode 3, was the leader of the prisoners the original Apollo from the 78 series?

Yup, same actor

ButcherOfNog: Thanks. :D I knew it. I spotted it straight away. The Mrs agreed, but reluctantly.
    Peace wrote:
    If this game is no longer produced and you are unable tog et hold of it from the shops etc...

You can get it on ebay. :)

There are "abandonware" games (i.e. producer doesn't care any more), but I'm not sure if Freescape 2 is one of them.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Ya i have heard its abandonware which would be great as the game looks great even if it is old:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

best news ever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,788 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Nukem wrote:
    Ya i have heard its abandonware which would be great as the game looks great even if it is old:D
    Have a lookie here:

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=4150

Is the underdogs site gone? I tried that link below a few weeks ago and it seemed fine, but today I get some cheap air-fare malarky. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

the guy running it seems to lose the domain every couple of years, thats the 2nd time this has happened. i think he forgets to renew the domain :)

• Advertisement

yeah he hasnt been updating the site regularly in the last 6 months or so, maybe 3 times. Think it has something to do with starting college and\or getting a life.
    Pity, he was a great geek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

I'm really looking forward to this - as in *really*. Are there any other good space sims around excluding Freespace and MMORPGs to stave off the hunger?

Bsg_Fleet.jpg

Thats INGAME footage :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

CylonDoom1.jpg

Pretty sexy allright.

If anyone has the abandonware, I'm willing to host it on unreal.ie for a couple of weeks. (I know it's legit as they've released the source code and all that jazz).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Superman...NOT!

Nice screenshots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I seen this Battlestar Galactica (XBox) in Media Markt (germany) a couple of months ago for €5. They had sh!t loads of them and couldn't shift them. As far as I know they're still there. I was going to get it, but thought if no-one else wants it then it can't be good.

New video out in high def. I've mirrored it on unreal.ie for your download convenience and speed. :D

It's a whopper; weighing in at 102MB.

Click me. :X

Edit: I was highly impressed. HIGHLY.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Is there an ETA on the BSG FreeSpace mod?

Khannie wrote:
    Is the underdogs site gone? I tried that link below a few weeks ago and it seemed fine, but today I get some cheap air-fare malarky. :(

just found it again the other day. its been moved to www.the-underdogs.info
    still hasnt been updated in months.
    And its actually run by a girl. suprised me anyway. fair play to her!
    more interesting facts on wikipedia

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Theres a BSG Mod for Battlefield 2 as well....I think its still in fairly early stages but it has pilotable raiders and vipers :D

My fav game and BSG (Homeworld 2)

http://mods.moddb.com/6951/battlestar-galactica-hw2-mod/image-gallery/

Only just saw it now. And no one informed me:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Nukem wrote:
    My fav game and BSG (Homeworld 2)

http://mods.moddb.com/6951/battlestar-galactica-hw2-mod/image-gallery/

Only just saw it now. And no one informed me:mad:

Wow, I can't wait to try that.

Is there any updates on that Freespace mod though? That's an engine that was actually designed for it and there's been so much work put in to it that it's the first game I'd play

Advertisement