Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COD2 in DUblin

Options
  • 08-02-2006 1:16am
    Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭

After Falling in love with the Call of Duty games, I'm wondering, is there anywhere in The City-center that i can Play online?

i have crappy dial up....

i have my own copy, so even if i could install it somewhere....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bobbly

if u r on dial up for the reason that it isnt possible to get anything else due to location i would say get BB, i before i got BB my bill was sky high, those were the days of good old df2 :D seriously though BB would work out cheaper and its faster!

im sure there are places in dublin where u can play it online, i wouldnt know though :confused:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

bah?

i'm on dial-up against my will.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

The 5 star net cafe on Talbot St. has a good few gaming grade machines, so that may be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

bah?

i'm on dial-up against my will.....
    Obviously! Don't know what bobbly's been smoking lately... :p

Check out the "LAN Parties" forum under Games. There's a thread called "Weekly Dublin LAN" in which people speak about different Internet Cafes in Dublin with proper Gaming PCs... Might help...

Hard luck on the BB issue. CoD really comes to life online!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Indeed, a mate of mine has BB, Its class online,

i remember playing Cs back in the Day of Dial-up hell ( i'm still stuck there tho)

that was nasty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

After Falling in love with the Call of Duty games, I'm wondering, is there anywhere in The City-center that i can Play online?

i have crappy dial up....

i have my own copy, so even if i could install it somewhere....

Have you tried playing it on dial up, One of the [G.F.F] guys, Delly plays cod2 online with a ping of around 200-300 but can play the game pretty smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bobbly

Obviously! Don't know what bobbly's been smoking lately... :p

Check out the "LAN Parties" forum under Games. There's a thread called "Weekly Dublin LAN" in which people speak about different Internet Cafes in Dublin with proper Gaming PCs... Might help...

Hard luck on the BB issue. CoD really comes to life online!
    going to an internet cafe just isnt the same, there has to be a way around it!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

kinkstr wrote:
    Have you tried playing it on dial up, One of the [G.F.F] guys, Delly plays cod2 online with a ping of around 200-300 but can play the game pretty smoothly.

but does he get much lagg ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Drapper wrote:
    but does he get much lagg ?

Feck all which is suprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Yeah the net code for CoD2 seem to be a lot better than most games. Seen some people with ~200 ping, not lagging in any way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement