Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell laptop hard drive

Options
  • 07-02-2006 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

I have an old dell cpi laptop. The hard drive went on it last week. Is it an easy job to fit a new hard drive into the cradle? Will any 2.5 hard drive do? I am thinking of ordering a hard drive online and I want to make sure I know something about installing a new hard drive on a laptop before I do anything stupid!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭pauln

It's no big deal once your happy with changing a normal 3.5'' drive. The only difference is that there probably will be a small adapter on the IDE connector of the drive you take out and it needs to be put it on the new one. Other then that you just have to mount the new one in the same way the old one was.

Edit: Take your pick of these. Just check if your looking for one bigger then about 128GB, you'll have to make sure that laptop has 48bit LBA support (mightn't if it's more then 5-6 years old) otherwise it won't recognise anything over the 128GB mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭shnaek

That's great. Thanks a mil.

Advertisement