Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DataEase ODBC

Options
  • 07-02-2006 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I am trying to connect to a DOS DataEase database. I am using the trial of ConnectEase ODBC driver. I can see the tables and can access a few of them, but cannot connect to most of them. Access says 'The Microsoft Jet Enguine cannot find the object' . Any ideas anyone ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Post your code, then we'll have a much better idea of what you're doing. Post the full text of the error as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭johnniekipper

Evil Phil wrote:
    Post your code, then we'll have a much better idea of what you're doing. Post the full text of the error as well.

In ACCESS I select import from the Connectease odbc driver I have set up. I put in a username and password a list of tables.

I select all files to import.

I then get a message like these 2 for most of the files;
    "The Microsoft Jet Engine could not find the object 'address'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly"

I get the below 3 messages also;
    "I/O Error opening DBM file c:\parfile\HEADPAAA.DBM for header. Error code=150348924"

When it finishes 4 files are available to me in ACCESS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Could it be a trial restriction?

If you just need the data rather than to interwork with it I heard tell of another utility.
    Don't know if it would be any use (or even safe) though, never used it myself.
    http://www.toto.com/dataease/downloads.new/tools/datagrab.zip
    I guess you could test it on a quarantined box wth copies of the dbms.

Otherwise you could go into dataease and export each table to .csv and then import each one to access...
    Careful about date formats though, if there's trouble try changing your win locale date formats to match dataease. Years since I did any of this, sorry I can't recall more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭johnniekipper

Thanks for the info Democrates,

I tried that utility and it (like Access and Visual Foxpro) allows me to see the list of all the tables but I can only see the contents of the 4 tables. That utility just creates an empty table for the other tables. Both Visual Foxpro and that utility give me no specific error message for the other tables, only Access gave me the errors in my previous post.

any ideas ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Same 4 good tables and the rest failing accross three tools, hope it's not corruption.
    Can you log into this dataease system and export tables?

Wouldn't be something like case-sensitive table names or something?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Sounds like it might be a permissions problem, I don't know dataease at all, would different tables have different permission levels ? Can you try different usernames and passwords (ideally admin ones), or open dataease and setup new ones ?

Could also be something funny with the table names in question, try sticking square brackets around them, i.e. [tablename]

Advertisement