Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radon testing

Options
  • 07-02-2006 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭

Hi,
    I fyou test your house for radon and it has a radon problem(remedied or not), are you legally bound to declare this if selling the house?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭lil-buttons

Radon affects the health and welfare of any person within the house. If there is a problem with the radon level in the house you MUST notify the relevent associations. If you knowingly sell that house with the radon problem you are putting in danger the life of others. It norally binds you also. You can contact the radon testing board and they will suggest the appropriate remedies before selling the house.

What is wrong with house ? Is there a radon barrier ?
    Or is the readon level high ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭smileygal

Was just wondering about it in relation to old houses, i.e. built way before radon barriers and radon legislation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭lil-buttons

If its an old house dont worry bout it. But if you know something about the area or anything you may be better off getting a radon test. If your gona stay living in the house the best advice ill give you is to get a radon test done. If you want more info check out [EMAIL="www.theradoncentre.com"]www.theradoncentre.com[/EMAIL]
    Hope I helped you out in some way.

Advertisement