Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New pub

Options
  • 07-02-2006 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Anyway mono is closed and will reopen as Voodoo in June (the Club) a, upmarket Bar will open in march..not for the clubber thouh. I'd stick with saras and milan anyway though the new monthly big dj nite in the grill is good

Where is the new pub going to be - is it part of mono?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Yeah, Jason has it leased out from original owners, not bought as said before. Still he plans to make an upmarket bar on the ground floor with piano etc aimed at the older crowd and opening early march. The club will be huge opening in June called Voodoo. Open upstairs it will take in the old squash courts etc. Not sure how it will fill up fridays and sundays but will it survive the Grills big plans in about a year or two!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 LKLad

That bar sounds great!

I know my friends and I fall into that age bracket and we are so sick of the Orchard you wouldn't believe. The town is crying out for better quality pubs etc as the LCD is well catered for.

I thought he had bought it - rumours of 4m?

I heard Mc Glinchey had big plans for the Grill but no one seems quite to know what they are.

Also as I said I hear Mc Ginley's are preparing planning to turn their garage into a hotel so it's great to see things moving on.

I must say Gallagher's is a big disappointment as a bar - looks great on the outside but a real wasted opportunity on the inside.

JK

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Another McGee enterprise turning out to be totally underwhelming. What a surprise.

The only thing they've got remotely right to date is Sister Saras, if you ask me. Milan's awful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Can't see how there'd be business for another hotel though,Mcginley is a big tourism man. I think Gallaghers will probably improve over time. I know Roches Stores pulled out from the S.C. so thats what has held things up. No local shop wants in especially at the rents. Would make a fine carpark though!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I finally made into Gallaghers myself on Saturday night. Must agree with LKLad, it is a bit of a letdown inside. No proper pub atmosphere.

I made it to the Cottage for a few though, which is uhm, quaint and quite a nice pub tbh. Good for the quiet beer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement