Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toshiba power saving utility error.

Options
  • 07-02-2006 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Need a little help on an error I have been getting lately.

Upon startup I get a message saying that the 'power saver' has encountered a 'fatal error and will be terminated code:0x0'. Thus the power saving utility doesnt work and battery life is'nt regulated when using without the mains.

I tried to uninstall the powersaving utility in the hope of re-instaling it again, but it wont let me get rid of it. Any ideas at all??

Many thanks,

CroppyBoy1798

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭daywalker

Have you tried re-installing the power utility on top of the existing software?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Thanks for the reply ;) , but no go I'm afraid, when I try to re-install it again, without un-installing it first I get the same message.

Cheers,

CroppyBoy1798

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭daywalker

Could try removing the files and registry entries belonging to the program manually, and then reinstalling, if you dont feel comfortable doing that, then backup your files and reload the original software using the product recovery cds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

have you tried reinstalling Toshiba common modules too? They are needed for a lot of the ACPI stuff to work.

Install this fella, even if your model ain't listed: http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_dtlViewDL.jsp?soid=616391

then reinstall your power management software.

HTH

Advertisement