Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seasonic 600W PSU

Options
  • 06-02-2006 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭

Brand new off Komplett, fitted in it Rig, plugged it in to the mobo and Hd's drives etc............

.....................Plugged in the Kettle lead, flicked the on Switch..

..POP, house goes dark, trip switch tripped, I goes OH Fúck!

Reinstall old PSU, thank god everything is fine.....my brand new best in class 600W PSU.............LOL

Inqui

PS. Anyone familiar with Komplete RMA's? Tnx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Nasty- tough luck man!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

You send it to a PO box in Dublin, which then ships it straight to Komplett, they then test and replace.

I usually ring them, and ask for a refund, while buying the same item off them again (same method Hard drive RMA's use), just be sure its broken (sounds like it definitely is in your case).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Probably looking at two weeks to get it replaced, well thats what it was for my RAM anyway.
    If they dont have any of them in stock then your in real trouble :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Have the same PSU and it works fine for me. Have not used it much but will be putting it into my main machine this week i should think.

Bad luck dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Contact Seasonic direct if you can first, before dealing with Komplett. I usually go with astrofool route too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,238 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You probably already tried this, but did you change the powercord / replace the fuse in the powercord?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Inquitus wrote:
    Brand new off Komplett, fitted in it Rig, plugged it in to the mobo and Hd's drives etc............

.....................Plugged in the Kettle lead, flicked the on Switch..

..POP, house goes dark, trip switch tripped, I goes OH Fúck!

Reinstall old PSU, thank god everything is fine.....my brand new best in class 600W PSU.............LOL

Inqui

PS. Anyone familiar with Komplete RMA's? Tnx

LOL!!!...and my so called "low brow" Thermaltake 680W PSU is running like a dream and have had zero issues. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Hrm, I see your one PSU gone and I raise you 3 OCZ Powerstream 520W up in smoke within 4 months...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

LOL!!!...and my so called "low brow" Thermaltake 680W PSU is running like a dream and have had zero issues. ;)

Yes Rich, but my replacement will be a great PSU........ yours, however, will always be a piece of shít :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Inquitus wrote:
    Yes Rich, but my replacement will be a great PSU........ yours, however, will always be a piece of shít :)

Haha!...dream on boyo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Inquitus wrote:

I truely am LMAO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

LOL, that was some come back. All the finesse of a your ma joke, I love it!

Advertisement