Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS2 Mods?

• 06-02-2006 8:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

Basically I have been asked to get a friends PS2 modded.

Now, I have a modded xbox myself, however, im unaware of anything relating to modding/modded PS2's.
    What are its capabilities?
    Where in Dublin can you get one done (Was informed that a netcafe near nude did them but this turns out to be false)

Any suggestions/advice anyone can give me.

The person who asked for this favour has seen my xbox and wants something similar, is the ps2 capable of doing this?

any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

No, not really.

Chipping it can be a bit more difficult than an xbox, there were quite a few PS2 revisions produced.

Afaik there isn't much you can do aside from play imports etc.

Besides, the PS2 is an ugly pos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

SyxPak wrote:
    No, not really.

Chipping it can be a bit more difficult than an xbox, there were quite a few PS2 revisions produced.

Afaik there isn't much you can do aside from play imports etc.

Besides, the PS2 is an ugly pos.
    agreed, tho i heard you can pout a large hard drive in and yeah do most (not all) of what the xbox can do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

got any sites that you can send off the console to get it chipped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

www.modchipsireland.com --> post your ps2 to get it chipped. Based in Cork.

www.exploistation.com --> I think there is an exploit on here that lets you play backups etc without a chip..Im not too sure tho' as the site is kinda confusing..

Advertisement