Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it normally take you to do 18 holes

Options
  • 06-02-2006 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

I was out yesterday and I did 18 holes in 3hrs and 42 mins

The question I want to ask people is how long it takes them to complete 18 holes in their course

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

On a clean run about 3hrs 30 would be average enough.. I've done 18 in 3 hours.. It all depends if you get held up by some slow people in front or not.. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,121 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

2.5 hours for a 2 ball with no hold ups
    Usually just over 3 for a 3 ball on a Stableford Saturday, strokes usually 30mins+ longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Four ball - Around 4 hrs.
    Two ball - 3 to 3 and a half

Played today as a two ball and took nearly 4 thanks to the three elderly "gentlemen" in front who completely ignored us waiting on tee boxes/ standing on fairways on EVERY F*%#ING HOLE! We ended up with another two two balls bunched up behind us by the end.

Rant over and slightly o/t: What do you do? Play up and tell them you are coming through? Obviously it would have involved walking half the length of a hole and back to go and ask them if we could go through so that didn't seem a sensible option. Ring the clubhouse and risk getting a rollicking for using a phone on the course? Course was Elm Green, which doesn't seem too big on having any staff keeping an eye on what's going on outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

used to take me about 2.5 hours as twoball- 3 hours as threeball and about 3 and 3/4 in fourball before i was sick, takes me four hours to go around now, but that includes a lot of delays for letting players through

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

milltown wrote:
    What do you do?

Try to get their attention by trying to be walking to a teebox as their walking off it. The odd random 'fore' also tends to grab their attention followed by vigirous waveing.
    I have been known to hit through people but thats only after waithing 2 hours to play 5 holes with the course clear in front of them. I wouldnt recommend this.

All means nothing if your a twoball cos i think the rules say twoballs have no standing on the course.

Once played a round as a twoball when i was a kid in 1:30 but we were doing it for a bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

fastest time really was ain a 2ball with no itneruptions on a comp, going roughly 2 hours 20 mins.

I went myself one morning and played 18 proper to check my score and played in 2 hours 10 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

Dman_15 wrote:
    All means nothing if your a twoball cos i think the rules say twoballs have no standing on the course.

In Carlow GC twoballs have precedence over 3 and 4 balls.... 3 balls have precedence over 4 balls... And god help you if you are male out on ladies day... they ran after myself and my brother one day between shots to try catch us so they could ask us through one day.. now that was entertainment!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,121 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

the rules used to say that a single player had no standing on the course.
    This has since been amended but might be overruled by a local rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Dman_15 wrote:
    The odd random 'fore' also tends to grab their attention followed by vigirous waveing.

Lol, now that I like!
    Dman_15 wrote:

No, the lone player used to have no standing on a course. The assumption, I think, being that he couldn't be competing and was likely just out for practice. As Greebo said, that has since been changed. A twoball has always been at the top of the pecking order afaik when it comes to playing through. Must dig out the rules and check that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

R&A wrote:
    Priority on the Course
    Unless otherwise determined by the Committee, priority on the
    course is determined by a group's pace of play. Any group
    playing a whole round is entitled to pass a group playing a
    shorter round.
    closest i can get in the R&A rulebook, page 20, very vague but i think that was the idea, it's left up to courses now, they took away the privillege of two ball, probably because of the two old beggars holding up the O.P. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Two balls should take precedence if they are delayed (unless its a comp) its normal golf etiquette (however you spell it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Righ on bro... 2 ball is the King.... has precedence....

Single players have no standing...

Advertisement