Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Integrating a blog into a website?

Options
  • 06-02-2006 4:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    I'm just looking for somebody to explain the principle involved regarding integrating a blog into a personal website.

I obviously understand the technology involved in a blog and website seperately. Say I have a website already designed - how would I go about creating a blog to have the same format as my website? Would the blog, which I presume would be hosted on the blog server, be integrated into my css?

Once somebody paints me an overall picture, I'll be flying...

Cheers,
    S.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Have you access to the blog files so that you could edit the layout?
    Have you access to the blog database (if used) so that you could connect from your webserver using php/asp and display the database content??
    You could use HTML frames or whatever though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

kbannon wrote:
    Have you access to the blog files so that you could edit the layout?
    Have you access to the blog database (if used) so that you could connect from your webserver using php/asp and display the database content??
    You could use HTML frames or whatever though.

Don't know.
    And don't know.
    I haven't actually created the blog yet, so I presume I could choose one where I would have access to the files. I'm presuming something like blogger.com or wordpress will allow this?

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

A blog is just a series of database entries with time/title/blog content and whatever else. If your website is hosted with PHP (language) and mysql (database) support or ASP (language) /mdb (database) support then the easiest thing to do is download a ready made blog script. You edit the variables, like database password, and you customise the header and footer to match the website.

Advertisement