Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to create windows for a C++ app

Options
  • 06-02-2006 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

hey all,

I need to create a window for a c++ app. by window i mean a window with sliders and buttons like that which you make in VB. My choices are

Incorporate the C++ app in JNI

Incorporate the C++ app in VB.NET

Create the window in C++

Preferably i would like to do the third one as i dont want to incorporate two languages into one application but i cannt find any libraries that would allow me to easily create the window. Are there any libraries out there that maybe i'm missing? Or where can i find information incorporating c++ into VB.NET? All i need is one window, i'm not looking for anything spectacular.

All the best,

darren

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

Have you had a look at wxWidgets? It's great for creating windows with all the usual bells & whistles quickly & easily with the minimum of code. It's cross-platform too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

MFC? WinForms?

Advertisement