Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.shakedownclub.com

Options
  • 05-02-2006 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

Shakedown Website
    www.shakedownclub.com

Shakedown is a club we have been running every Saturday night since 2001. Music is mainly indie but you’re going to hear soul, funk, punk, lots of rock, some house, maybe a bit of techno and even classical music has been showing up of late played by residents Tommy Boy & DJ Louis. Needless to say in the last (almost) 5 years we’ve had some really great nights: we’ve had Tommy & Louis brought through town in coffins at midnight followed by hundreds of people in fancy dress on the way to the club, they’ve been murdered, resurrected, danced on tables, been thrown out (tables is a big no no), people have got married in Shakedown, we had a ‘streaker’ who everyone could see but the bouncers (after 6 months he was caught), there’s been birthday parties, live gigs, lucky bags, fancy dress nights (which shocked us just how far some people will go), quiet nights, packed to gills & swinging out of the rafters nights (actually that was Tommy & Louis doing the swinging out of the rafters as Batman & Robin). We don’t do guests but Mani’s DJ’d there, as has Shaun Ryder, while Snow Patrol, Paddy Casey & Tommy Tiernan have been in for a drink, oooh we’re such name droppers. It’s a club for clubbers getting tired of dance nights, the indie kids, band heads, goths, rockers, punks and norm’s. No guests, just two local guys playing CD’s with a popularity unrivalled by most international who can be found elsewhere in the city.

The Shakedown website will be updated regularly and right now features: Music from God Is An Astronaut, Linda Martini, Gorbachov, Robert O Connor & The Bearded Ladies. New pics from NYE. Video from Halloween & NYE plus messageboard, news and details of the Shakedown Soundtrack Competition - if your making music this is for you.

Shakedown
    Saturdays upstairs @ The Forum Waterford
    Residents Tommy Boy & DJ Louis

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Is the website working properly?

All I'm getting is the frame, but thats about it...

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Working fine for me on FireFox

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Firefox here too...Still no joy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭lukemusiklab

been working fine for me all week I'll check with our web talkin guy if he knows why it isn't working for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭south

working grand for me using firefox

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭lukemusiklab

New music added from The Blizzards & Ilyak

Advertisement