Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Java developer Interview Questions

Options
  • 05-02-2006 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

I have a second interview (a technical one) for a graduate software development position with an Irish development company and i was wondering if people could give me an example of some areas to brush up on or possible questions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

irishguy wrote:
    I have a second interview (a technical one) for a graduate software development position with an Irish development company and i was wondering if people could give me an example of some areas to brush up on or possible questions?

Pretty much a "how long is a rope" question. You would need to tell us more about the comapny, what they do, the job spec, your stills etc...

Failing that, if you are interested in generic advice, make sure that you know the java language syntax - eg: the sort of questions that you would get on a java certification exam. If they give you a test (verbal or written) the chances are you will be asked this type.

Failing that, the most common type of technical interview centers around the interviewer asking you to explain your previous experience and then quizzing you on the details to see how much you really know about the topic. in your case, this will most likely be relating to project work.

Hope this helps,
    Jab

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

jabaroon wrote:
    Pretty much a "how long is a rope" question. You would need to tell us more about the comapny, what they do, the job spec, your stills etc...

Failing that, if you are interested in generic advice, make sure that you know the java language syntax - eg: the sort of questions that you would get on a java certification exam. If they give you a test (verbal or written) the chances are you will be asked this type.

Failing that, the most common type of technical interview centers around the interviewer asking you to explain your previous experience and then quizzing you on the details to see how much you really know about the topic. in your case, this will most likely be relating to project work.

Hope this helps,
    Jab
    Well i have had two technical interviews (with different companys), with a bit of repetition in the questions. So i was hoping to fine out more questions that might come up.
    The next interview is going to be verbal its for FineOs.

Here is the Job spec http://www.fineos.com/graduates/graduate_careers.htm

I am really interested in the job and would like to do well in the interview. So i plan on doing some revision. So i was wondering if anyone else can remember questions they have been asked in similar interviews. If i am lucky there will be some nice people from FineOs here that will be able to tell we what they will ask :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

They came to itcarlow looking for applications for that job I seem to remember. The lads had interviews last week, I'll ask them how they got on and get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Fineos is a J2EE shop. So the questions will probably be focused around that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

elvis2002 wrote:
    They came to itcarlow looking for applications for that job I seem to remember. The lads had interviews last week, I'll ask them how they got on and get back to you.
    Hey did you find out anything about that?

• Advertisement
Advertisement