Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The NTL Schuffle!

Options
  • 05-02-2006 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

A few weeks ago, some of the channels on my VCR seemed to disappear.
    BBC2 disappeared from its slot and started pushing in on RTE1. Setanta and CNBC are also acting up. After several attempts to retune the individual channels, I noticed that they started moving again.
    I decided to re-tune all the channels from scratch
    However, when I did, the same thing happened. I thought it was just my machine playing up.
    Then, just yesterday a relation told me they had the same thing on their VCR. I retuned their machine but did not stay to see what happened.
    Before I contact NTL, I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem.
    The strange thing is that in both cases it is only the VCR that is affected. The TVs are fine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The only occasions I know of where NTL move channels are broadband rollouts. In my area there were occasional on screen messages informing subscribers when channels would move and why. I can't think why they would move without any warning. If your area is not broadband enabled yet perhaps the transition isn't as smooth as it should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

Sounds like you will be able to get NTL broadband soon , was there a scrolling message at the bottom of the screen informing you to retune those channels ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

same thing happened to me about a week ago,but NTL broadband has been availible in my area for at least a month now.What was happening to me was that i was loosing channle 4 completely for a few minutes at a time,it was really pissing me off!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Jor

I retuned several stations last year when a scrolling message came up on the screen but this is different.
    Every time I retune the stations, they start moving, pushing in on each other.
    Setanta is pushing in on RTE1 and RTE1 is pushing in on BBC2.
    I will contact NTL and find out what is happening.
    Thanks for the replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Jor wrote:
    I retuned several stations last year when a scrolling message came up on the screen but this is different.
    Every time I retune the stations, they start moving, pushing in on each other.
    Setanta is pushing in on RTE1 and RTE1 is pushing in on BBC2.
    I will contact NTL and find out what is happening.
    Thanks for the replies.

Sounds like the tuner on your tv could be faulty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement