Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Bus Station: Possible break in?

Options
  • 05-02-2006 3:31am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Was in the Bus Station for the late bus to Tramore (11PM) on Friday Night. Noticed the alarm was gone of, and there were no security guards at all. Normaly there is a few about, but it was empty. I was curious, so me and a friend had a look around the outside of the building and noticed;

The main door looked like an attempt had been made to force it open,
    One of the side office Windows was half open,
    One of the toilet windows was WIDE open and pushed out very far - as if someone climbed in or out,
    The corridor leading to the toilets had a light on - the only sign of life in the building.

We were there about 20mins before a "Rapid Responce" security van arrived. The driver was moping about his van and glancing over at the building but didnt approach it until the Bus came. Then he went around taking notes on paper. Said it to the driver but he didnt really comment.

Just curious, was it a slip up and the Windows were left open by mistake? Or was there an attempted robbery?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

What would be robbed?
    (Presumably there are safes / money is brought to a bank before close..)

Is this a confession? ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Bus Passes? :D

People rob anything these days in fairness, and if there isnt anything important inside: Why hire so many security guards??

Confesion? On the web? You must be joking ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i'm going to blame it on boy racers. I have no evidence at all, not too sure if anything happened.... but i'm still going to blame them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Bus passes are useful to persons without ID who wish to fly to the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

i'm going to blame it on boy racers. I have no evidence at all, not too sure if anything happened.... but i'm still going to blame them.

ah sure you might as well, everything else gets blamed on the boy racers:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement