Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Song Suggestions for a guitar performance?

Options
  • 04-02-2006 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Im doing my leaving certificate music practical at the end of March and its worth like 50% so I was just wondering if anybody has any good suggestions for songs to play at it, cuz I want to have a good setlist. Im looking for just a few really enjoyable songs. I dont want to pick anything too hard as if the examiner sees me struggling he'll dock me marks.
    The songs ive already come up with are :

Joe Satriani - Always with me, Always with you
    Five For Fighting - Superman
    The Beatles - Blackbird
    Eriic Clapton - Tears in Heaven.

Helpful suggestions would be much appreciated!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 shutupandlisten

are you just doing the acoustics for it or are you singing as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭IbanezFreak

Im just playing the guitar but there will be a singer in there with me too. He has a very stong voice and hes really good. Hesnot too keen on using falsetto but he can hit some very high notes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Simon & Garfunkel - The Boxer
    Bob Dylan - Don't think twice it's alright.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

neil young- needle and the damage done

clapton-layla acoustic

the jcb song yeow ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭IbanezFreak

thanks for the suggestions fade2black. Please keep em flowing ppl!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

simon and garfunkel - sound of silence

pink floyd - wish you where here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Id try and steer clear of well known songs. Odds are the examiner has heard them done better before. Plus if the examiner doesn't know the song you can cover any small mistakes you might make. And remember your pieces must not be longer than 23 minutes (or something like that) in total.

You probably should've put alot more thought into this earlier, I've had my pieces chosen since last October.

Advertisement