Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

13 and 14 YO both raped in letterkenny last night

Options
  • 04-02-2006 6:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭

ive just been told that a 13YO and a 14YO were both raped in letterkenny last night. i dont know any other info on it at this time. but thats ****ed up!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

it has been alledged, there has been nothing confirmed, well that is to the best of my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Horrific

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭irishpal25

ok i came confirm now from a offical source ( girsl sister) that it was actually a 15YO who was raped. outside the old bar mono, the other girl who was with her was 21 or so. it was by two sudden the brothers ( & friends) came out and beat the **** into them. then the gardai were called and all were arrested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭jimmeh

Got to ask yourself what that 15y/o was doing in the bar mono in the first place, all the same a terrible thing to happen.

par for the course around letterkenny in recent years im afraid.

well she wasnt actually in the bar mono as its closed.

• Advertisement

off topic

off topic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

off topic

off topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Dont think so. The matter is under investigation, allegedly involving foreign nationals though that doesn't mean its true. An assault did apparently happen anmd yes one was young but let the law take its course before we all jump to conclusions. Anyway mono is closed and will reopen as Voodoo in June (the Club) a, upmarket Bar will open in march..not for the clubber thouh. I'd stick with saras and milan anyway though the new monthly big dj nite in the grill is good

• Advertisement

irish and jimmy, please stick to the topic, rape in letterkenny not jason's lotto win

Two polish nationals who recieved a beating before being taken by the gardai.
    Seems to be a common problem with eastern european men showing little or no respect towards woman from here.

ive noticed that, not meaning to sterotype here but alot of the romanian men harrass the women in the town alot

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

This is starting to remind me of the thread about murders in Sligo. On that thread the travelling community were getting the blame. Now it is the Eastern Europeans. As I pointed out on the Sligo topic, everybody is innocent until proven otherwise. Also, pointing the finger of blame at a certain group of people does nobody any favours. I read in the local press recently that Donegal had the highest number of sexual assaults per population in the country. Surely this cannot be attribited to the influx of foreign workers. Seems to me we should get our own house in order.

smashey wrote:
    This is starting to remind me of the thread about murders in Sligo. On that thread the travelling community were getting the blame. Now it is the Eastern Europeans. As I pointed out on the Sligo topic, everybody is innocent until proven otherwise. Also, pointing the finger of blame at a certain group of people does nobody any favours. I read in the local press recently that Donegal had the highest number of sexual assaults per population in the country. Surely this cannot be attribited to the influx of foreign workers. Seems to me we should get our own house in order.

About time, someone with a thought.

I have spent 4 years of my life in Letterkenny and i have to say that it was not the most pleasent of towns. Dont get me wrong I have alot of good memories of the town, but from experiences from friends, the local are not the most pleasent of bunchs.

I am not saying that all of letterkenny are wife/women beaters, far from it, but it is not just the "foreigners" who contain a bad element.
    I work with people from all walks of life and mainly eastern european, and they are all fair and hounest to deal with.

Its not fair to tarnish a particular group with the bad brush of life

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

jimmeh wrote:
    Seems to be a common problem with eastern european men showing little or no respect towards woman from here.

Its normal enough over in Eastern Europe, to a lot of men out there a chatup line is groping a woman's ass.

That said, there's a lot of Irish guys who think the same way, don't be so keen to single out the poles when it could just as easily be some local lad...

Advertisement