Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VOIP set up problems

Options
  • 04-02-2006 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have NTL 2 meg broadband and have tried to set up blueface VOIP on it. I got a basic ATA from blueface earlier in the week and the phone worked fine. However, I couldn't have my laptop and phone connected to the internet at the same time and I was advised to upgrade to a netgear router.

My problem is that when I connect my netgear TA612V router to the modem my telephone doesn't work.

Furthermore, when I try to connect my iBook laptop to the net via the router it won't work.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lzbones

Even through it has only one port your modem probably has a built in router ie. NAT. So you are probably cascading NAT's which is bad news for VOIP. You need to have you modem in bridged mode and setup the PPP on your Netgear router.

--- NAT
    NAT
    phone Xbad
    ---(bridge)----NAT
    phone Xgood

Advertisement