Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do I need for Xbox networking?

• 04-02-2006 6:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

First off, I'm asking here because mentioning a modded Xbox on any other forum might result in a ban.

I have a softmodded Xbox that is soon to be on the receiving end of an 80 gb hard drive and will then get XBMC installed (any links to installing xbmc tutorials btw?). I would like to leave the Xbox and my PC connected for ease of transferring movies. I'm not sure if I want my Xbox connected to the internet, I'm not big on online gaming, but I gather it might be handy for streaming radio or mp3 tags or something so put it in the maybe pile.

At the moment I have NTL BB max => VOIP adaptor => PC with a single RJ45 and no spare expansion slots.

I am guessing what I need is a small router of some sort, presumably to plug in between the VOIP adaptor and the PC and which will then branch off to the Xbox too.

Can anybody make a more specific recommendation on what's needed? If you must point and laugh at least try to be constructive!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Buy a Linksys WRT54G

check out the XBMC dev page for info and look at the "Helpful links" sticky on this board.

Advertisement