Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

asp - what to develop in?

Options
  • 03-02-2006 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

Hey,

I have just started developing in asp (not asp .NET) and i have been using good old notepad and editplus so far.
    Can you guide me to what programs i should use to develop asp in?and how i can debug javascript?

All help is appreciated
    Cheers,
    random

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Whats wrong with the text editor? i use context most of the time but any syntax highlighting editor will do.
    As for the JavaScript debugger (client or server side JavaScript?) - a quick google found this....
    http://www.devx.com/tips/Tip/12743
    Firefox has an built in console but I don't know how useful it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Consider using ASP.NET instead.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I found HTML-Kit pretty good. It's basically a fancy advanced text editor with syntax colouring and stuff, I think there's a load of ASP related plug-ins you can download too, but I never really bothered with them.

I'll second moving to .net if possible.

Advertisement