Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North West; Lonely hearts club band ?..

Options
  • 03-02-2006 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

Many years ago, two friends of mine in London started a ' Lonely hearts Club ', it became extremely well known and a complete success.

Since I came home for good in 1987, I have been shocked at the high numbers of both genders of all ages, who have problems meeting people with whom they would like to have a long term relationship.

If people looking to meet others in the North West region, were to post some honest details about the type of person they are, along with some idea of the type of individual they would like too meet socially, with a view to building up a permanent relationship, could it work as a free service via a thread like this ?.....

What do you think, is it worth a try ?...

If you are willing to 'give it a go', Then why not post up some details on here, and see what happens ! ;) What do you have to lose ?...[ It could be the biggest 'band' in the N.W., and make for a very interesting socially important thread, run by posters for posters, with a little extra responsibility put on the mod's, just for good measure !..]

P.:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,867 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Im staying clear of this one as the missus would be none too happy about sharing my good looks and muscular physique with anyone else ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

muffler wrote:
    Im staying clear of this one as the missus would be none too happy about sharing my good looks and muscular physique with anyone else ;)

She need not worry, as this is a ' Singles ' thread. All the Moderators would have to do, is ban weirdo's ;) .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

A singles event happened in Jackson's Hotel a few weeks ago. It was to cater for people from their mid-thirties up. It was organised by a lady who works in Lifford. Mods, can I give her name out here. She had it publicised and the People's Press had an interview with her about it.

smashey wrote:
    A singles event happened in Jackson's Hotel a few weeks ago. It was to cater for people from their mid-thirties up. It was organised by a lady who works in Lifford. Mods, can I give her name out here. She had it publicised and the People's Press had an interview with her about it.
    Fire away smashey. She would be delighted with whatever wee bit of publicity we can offer here. (a fine woman she is too:) )

muffler wrote:
    (a fine woman she is too:) )

I will agree with that. Brid McMenamin is her name and she works the Lifford/Clonleigh resource centre. Don't know if she has a second night organised yet but I think it was going to be a regular event.

• Advertisement

Paddy20 wrote:
    All the Moderators would have to do, is ban weirdo's ;) :
    Now why would I ban you Paddy :D

Paddy20, hope you dont think we are trying to hijack your thread or idea. Damn good idea it is too.

smashey did indicate, which I was aware of myself, that Brid McMenamin from Strabane has organised some nights out for people who are 30+. I think the real target group would be people who were in their teens in the 60's & 70's so its the 40 and 50 somethings it is geared at.

Why not contact her and maybe you could organise something together. PM me if you need a contact phone no.

If she is a Strabane woman, she must be ok ;) If she wants too promote her Jackson's nights on this thread. Thats ok by me.

I lived in Strabane for a while in the 50's, went to school up at Melmount.

I have wonderful memories of Strabane/Lifford when I was only 14/15 years old.

As the song written by Paul McCartney especially for Mary Hopkins goe's,"Those were the days my friend" I also have too support Barry Jackson, we started school on the same day in Stranorlar National, and have been friends for over half a century :eek: .

Any wonder that I have become 'old & grumpy' : just like yourself !!:p

P. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭foggy

To the best of my knowledge, they are having a singles night in the Orchard Letterkenny soon as well. I think it's a lock and key party for some charity. Don't know exact date of hand, but it was in the local papers at the weekend.

Whats this ?..

Not one person has posted 'that they would like to meet someone of the opposite sex !', well thats bamboozled me :confused: .

Is it that all North Westerners, are already fixed up, or are they too shy to even give it a try.

Oh well, I suppose this must be the most 'unpopular thread' I have ever started.

So, I'm off out for a few pints of lager and a good moan about life in general !.

• Advertisement

smashey wrote:
    I will agree with that. Brid McMenamin is her name and she works the Lifford/Clonleigh resource centre. Don't know if she has a second night organised yet but I think it was going to be a regular event.

Anybody interested should have a look at this.

http://www.singleminglenites.com/

I think the next gathering will be held in the Silver Tassie.

smashey wrote:
    Anybody interested should have a look at this.

http://www.singleminglenites.com/

I think the next gathering will be held in the Silver Tassie.

Smashey,

Great post and website, I love the name 'SingleMingleNites good luck too them.

If I was fit I would go myself :D They deserve all the success in the world.

Maybe we should have a 'Singles' thread on here, or even a ''Singles Forum' on Boards.

What do people think ?....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I think that a singles forum on boards would involve lots of lonely geeks having the piss taken out of them by lots of fat ugly sad geeks pretending to be women....

I think that a singles forum on boards would involve lots of lonely geeks having the piss taken out of them by lots of fat ugly sad geeks pretending to be women....

Oh, come on CT, I have more faith in people than that ;) .

Advertisement