Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Psu upgrade?

Options
  • 03-02-2006 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭

Lads I know that dell Mobos and case's have serious compatibility issues but does anybody know if I am going to have trouble fitting a after-market psu onto a dell case more than likely a 8400 about a year a half old.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Yes, are not the shape of an ATX PSU and they have a bracket so that it can fold out, dell do it so you have to buy from them, it will work, it just wont fit in the case;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Damm, so its a dell psu or a new mobo/case/psu/cpu cooler. I hate dell.

ARe you sure about that conzymaher the dell forums seem to be of the idea that any psu fits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

does anybody know if I am going to have trouble fitting a after-market psu onto a dell case

Keyword : Dell

Answer : yes!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/power_supplies/dell/ emailed them said it will work on 110v/220v

• Advertisement

http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/power_supplies/dell/ emailed them said it will work on 110v/220v

Funny you should say that but I saw it myself, and for that price plus shipping its just not worth it. I'v convinced him to buy a dual core rig anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭davie_b

funny but true story about upgrading a dell pc
    a fella i know bought a graphics card to ugrade
    his dell pc and had to hack saw the end of the heat sink!!!!

Advertisement