Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

loss of cursor control

Options
  • 03-02-2006 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Can anyone help?

I have no control over my cursor. it spends most of the time at either the top or bottom of the screen when not creeping up or down the screen. The mouse has died and the toggle switch doesn't have much affect. Sometimes the cursor stops mid screen and can only go left to right.

Any simple solutions? Or any solution would be nice.

thanks

I have Toshiba Satellite Pro running Windows XP Pro Service Pac 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Try http://www.tourettes-disorder.com/?
    Or, re-install via Device Manager (Start -> Run -> devmgmt.msc -> right-click on it, left-click Uninstall.. reboot) or check for an updated driver.
    What's the name of the device listed?
    Does it happen all of the time or only sometimes? Any recent hardware or software changes? Does the unit get very warm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Auburn

Karoma wrote:
    Lol!

@RedRules5
    Sounds borked :( Disable the touchpad and plug in a USB mouse? Not very helpful... Is it still within warranty?

Advertisement