Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermaltake 770W PSU!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Wow... Another high Wattage PSU from TT

Nominal wattage 400W, 770W peak in a fridge. Terms and conditions apply ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

i dont wana know about this psu ... all i saw was thermaltake and that is all i need to know :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Thermaltake make good PSU's, read the reviews.

Perhaps they do now, however their previous attempts have not been good, and in some cases downright useless.

Maybe it's time to give them the benefit of the doubt, but the majority of the reviews I have seen have skipped, or glossed over, the more technical aspects of their PSUs, thus leading me to continuously doubt them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

(Will 3rd the TT slagging. I used to sell them for a living. We had alot of returns on them, thus I decided never ever to darken the store again with a TT PSU- and I never have!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I dont see thje big deal.. Gline has a 1000w psu.. Whats so special about 770??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I just bought a 600W Seasonic. that is sufficient for an OC'd X2, SLI 7800GTX's, 2 watercooling loops and 5 HD's........

Let me know how that one goes for you Inqui, it looks great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Could you point out a review of this power supply where they actually monitor variances in voltage, and test it all the way to 770w please Richard Dower ?

Until then, your comment about reading the good reviews that they get only applies to sites like THG and 3DGM who give any thermaltake piece of crap a good review.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Have the 600W Seasonic for a while now. I like it, best PSU i have got at the moment. Have the OCZ 520watt also which is good apart from the amount of noise it produced.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Enermax! My 600w Noisetaker's never let me down. Can't hear it either. I'd be hard pushed to switch to another tbh.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I have had a Thermaltake power supply never gave me an issue with in over 2 years. There fine if your not much into overclocking.

Whatever about there power supply thermaltake have some of the best computer cases around in my opinon.

Many people I know into computers have used thermaltake products cases, heatsincs etc and have generally have a postitive attitude towards tt.

Plus there a damn site better than when it came to sponsoring some of the lan events I have helped organised than some other companies mentioned in this thread.

To Summarise..

TT Cases good

TT PSUs Foooking shiite

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Have been using a tt psu for over 2 years without a problem. Like azza said if your not into overclocking they are fine and reliable. The rails can become a little unsteady when you start pushing it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

er, the cases are **** too.

And thermaltake have faked PSU specs before.

I had a Thermaltake Shark case a while ago and I thought it was grand enough

Yeah they seem to have improved a bit lately, eg. Shark/Armour/Tai Chi. Tsunami/Lanfire/Xaser/Anything else from around that time is total crap though.

I can't believe they're still using the crappy glossy plastic for the hubs where the USB/Firewire/Audio jacks are though. They severely let down the otherwise pretty decent design of their newer stuff.

WizZard wrote:
    Perhaps they do now, however their previous attempts have not been good, and in some cases downright useless.

Maybe it's time to give them the benefit of the doubt, but the majority of the reviews I have seen have skipped, or glossed over, the more technical aspects of their PSUs, thus leading me to continuously doubt them.

They have improved alot and the build quality of the PSU's have improved. I don't buy crap parts, i only buy the best and it was my considered opinion the the TT 680Watt power supply was a good purchase.

Cable sleeving and tons of connectors, the rails are rock solid and i've tested my PSU under high load. Personally the notion of spending $500 on a PC P&C power supply is way over the top.

Could you point out a review of this power supply where they actually monitor variances in voltage, and test it all the way to 770w please Richard Dower ?

Until then, your comment about reading the good reviews that they get only applies to sites like THG and 3DGM who give any thermaltake piece of crap a good review.

It's not on the market as yet, thus no reviews exist. I was refering to reviews of my particular PSU, the TT 680W.

Oh right, it's a new one then ?

There's been a TT 680Watt on sale at peats and komplett for like a year, I assume it isn't that one ?

• Advertisement

Tis, it's on Komplett for €152 minus shipping. There are two versions, one with 38A on the three 12v rails and the new one with 52A.

They have improved alot and the build quality of the PSU's have improved. I don't buy crap parts, i only buy the best and it was my considered opinion the the TT 680Watt power supply was a good purchase.

Cable sleeving and tons of connectors, the rails are rock solid and i've tested my PSU under high load. Personally the notion of spending $500 on a PC P&C power supply is way over the top.

Sry Rich, but it is the considered opinion of this board that TT PSU's are crap :(

Their stability on the rails, and output cliams have been trashed in many reputable review sites.......not the muck sites you mentioned....I have seen your rig, and it is undoubtably filled with great components, but on the PSU side you have got it wrong....the TT PSU's are in the relegation zone of the premiership....to use a kissball euphemism.

Inqui

I have seen the TT 680W get favourable reviews on many sites not just the ones TT have linked to and not THG.

Frankly I have had 3 power supplys, a TT one a Antec one and a (shudder)
    Q-Tec one (Spike if your reading this it was your one from your old PC you sold in guess what a Thermaltake Case). Only the TT has given me no problems. Antec one a very minor one and the Q-Tec exloded before my myself and a few mates took it apart with bricks and flame (quite literally).

I have not done much overclocking but for a person who uses the TT powered PC alot I have had no grief with it. I'm aware the old TT's are not stable on the rails so maybe no no for overclocking...but the 680w is mean't to be reasonable and be surely good enough to run any SLI or Crossfire rig in the near future.

Not every one on this board thinks negatively of TT :)

If you don't OC.....pretty much any PSU will do........look at what the PC World range are filled with...................

No thank you. I prefer shopping online better prices and better quaility items.

I meant their PC's......

.......full of **** PSU's cause noone a problem ever........cos they are not stressed...........a qtec $20 PSU will do a stock PC no bother.

Why waste money on a TT one eh?

Incidently I was actually given the TT 680w for free :)

Q-TEC ahhhhhhh run away .....f-ing thing caused me no need of grief.

Whats your point a stock PC (non custom built is never going have a TT psu some generic pile of rubbish that will be more than enough) your not going need any major brand of psu. Besides TT don't do low wattage psu's so they be totally wasted.

I always found TT psu to cost round the same as there competitiors (looking around the 480w category) so if your custom building then they are worthy of consideration. If your building a SLI/Crossfire rig your going need a biffy psu so your not going be looking at low range psu's. If your planning on overclocking then perhaps they are not stable enough. Then maybe look at ocz powerstream (or whatever the other must suited brands to the task are).

Azza wrote:
    Incidently I was actually given the TT 680w for free :)

QUOTE]

All this sh1te about PSU's is one thing, but the best PSU is a free PSU :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Azza wrote:
    Spike if your reading this it was your one from your old PC you sold in guess what a Thermaltake Case

Christ..barely remember that PC. Blue case IIRC? I thought that was an Antec PSU that was in it?

• Advertisement

Based on my experience of the TT 680W model i will certainly be looking for the 770W model when it comes out, but naturally i'll read all the reviews and user opinions first.

Advertisement