Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Raconteurs (Jack White & Brendan Benson)

Options
  • 03-02-2006 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Go to www.theraconteurs.com and listen to the two tracks in the media section. They're sounding pretty damn good!!

Album is out in May. Get Brendan Benson's solo album while you're at it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭the-lad

did you see the price of the single on ebay? :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Those tracks sound pretty decent.

Must keep the eyes peeled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 john_henry

i downloaded the steady as she goes/store bought bones single at the weekend and was surprised at how utterly unremarkable it was. i expected much more from brendan benson. it seems like the jack white show

the-lad wrote:
    did you see the price of the single on ebay? :eek: :eek:

I got 2 for €4 each in Tower Recs the other day. Imagine my surprise when I looked on eBay that night. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Are The White Stripes on the way out?

I honestly only expect one more album from them before they call it quits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Beastieboy

sorry for my ignorance but what plays a 7", presumably not a CD player, was it released on CD aswell, as far i as can see it was not

Beastieboy wrote:
    sorry for my ignorance but what plays a 7", presumably not a CD player, was it released on CD aswell, as far i as can see it was not

An old-style record player (vinyl player).

Nope..there's only 1000 copies..all vinyl.

was in Tower Records this evening, asking about the single. They got 6 copies in, sold 2 (presumably to you ^^^) and the other four are missing in action presumed stolen :eek: for **** sake, couldn't listen to it even if i got it, hopefully the album will be on CD :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lyrama

Should call a search for the missing ones....lol :p ! Didn't know they had anything out yet! God.... I'm not up-to-date! AAAARGGGH! Me wants the singles! I read an interview with Brendan Benson, and he's flately denied that The White Stripes are breaking up so all u fans out there breathe easy;) !

Beastieboy wrote:
    was in Tower Records this evening, asking about the single. They got 6 copies in, sold 2 (presumably to you ^^^) and the other four are missing in action presumed stolen :eek: for **** sake, couldn't listen to it even if i got it, hopefully the album will be on CD :)

Wow, odd!! I saw a man (30-40?) buying 2 or 3 soon after I did..

I'd say the staff robbed the others! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I got one of these singles the other day. It's ok but I'd hate to be the stupid sods who buy one for €80 on ebay.

btw HMV grafton street have 30 copies on order as of the 9/2. What is the likelyhood that they will geta single copy in? Heres hoping:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Depending on who you listen to, only 40-50 copies got to Ireland and they're all gone now.

I just saw The Raconteurs have announced some dates in the UK during March, i'm giving serious thought to going over, it would be great if they announced a date over here, who knows:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

Their third song Blackjack Illywhack's not too bad either.

Woooo ye! I just ordered a copy of the single off XL :D I was talking to someone at XL who had a 'handful' of copies without sleeves which couldn't be sold. But they got in more sleeves (from the american release i think) and now i've got my very own copy (or rather it is in the post)! A good day for me..... (€5-Beastieboy 1 Ebay 0 ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

Any chance they will play oxegen? or anywhere In ireland?

I'm sure the Raconteurs will play Ireland, they are a touring band not a novelty act, i don't know about Oxegen

For any one that wants a copy of the single tower.com has copies (shipped from America), there's no point in buying if you think you are going to make a quick buck, the vinyl is not at all rare anymore, XL seemed to have a load extra for ages, and more keep popping up from time to time. 1000 for Europe, 1000 for America, extra were printed for Australia appartently and it seems alot more were printed in general. People who rushed to buy off ebay were truely idiots.

Apparently the 'full' release of 'steady. as she goes' is set for 24 of April , three versions, all different b-sides, one cd, two seven inchs, one of the seven inchs has 'store bought bones' as b-side (apparently there is some difference from the existing release), other b-sides- 'bane rendition' and 'call it a day' one of the seven inchs is an acoustic version of 'steady' can pre-order from www.recordstore.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 smashysmashy

adore 'steady as she goes'. I really hope they play Electric Picnic:D , they wouldn't play Oxegen anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

really like steady as she goes - the album will be out in may iirc should be good. and the website is brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭EireRoadUser

I'll second that ,the website is original

Someones got a lot to say for themselves this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Although I actually quite like the "Steady As It Goes" track, does anybody else not think it's a total rip off of Joe Jackson's "Is She Really Going Out With Him"?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

The whole album is ripoffs. Another awful album like riff stealing Flaming Lips album.

BaZmO* wrote:
    Although I actually quite like the "Steady As It Goes" track, does anybody else not think it's a total rip off of Joe Jackson's "Is She Really Going Out With Him"?

Jack White is the 'new' Jimmy Page in that he takes an 'old' song and re-writes it. You still can't beat a good song....

I've got terrible news.... I had an order for a number of raconteurs records....they were delivered to the wrong house and savaged by the dog in that house :( ....i just checked out the an post and it says that i don't have any recourse :mad: this fcuking ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Is it true that they have to call themselves "The Saboteurs" in Australia because there is already a band called "The Raconteurs" there? I heard this on the radio the other day, and I could not find out from the 'net if it was true or not.

<Edit Time="17:31">
    The same DJ just said it again. And in better news, the same DJ just announced that I had won tickets to see The Editors!!! Wa-hooo!!!
    </Edit>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Lexxy

hmm.. that's weird. i hadn't heard that yet - but i guess it could be true!

Check out The Raconteurs : http://www.napster.com/artist/12111497

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Gandhi wrote:
    Is it true that they have to call themselves "The Saboteurs" in Australia because there is already a band called "The Raconteurs" there? I heard this on the radio the other day, and I could not find out from the 'net if it was true or not.

Yup it is indeed true, have a look: http://www.nme.com/news/22744

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭wahlrab

some of the members or one is a member of another band called the greenhorns who i'd really recommend, they have a brilliant album sewed souls its in tower,

i don't think they're going to play in Ireland which is typical! and if they do play oxegen i will be so mad, because after last year i hate oxegen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭EireRoadUser

I just got the album for my birthday off the sis today.
    It sounds good , I don't have any beck albums but I can here a couple of beck sounds in there ,I've now become a bit beckish :D

Advertisement