Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin bus route 46b

Options
  • 03-02-2006 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Anybody else notice the 46B bus in Stepaside/belermine area. Seen it at random times, but Dublin bus haven't advertised the fact that it is now running to that area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Im aware of several duties going up there every day mainly at peak times, as for timing - crystal ball may help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Beats

The phantom 46B, has finally appeared. The question is what kind of service is being run ?

This was promised back in 2004. I contacted them in October of 2004 following reports in local mag Panorama. Received following in March of 2005.

"I regret to inform you that we have been unable to implement this new
    route.The proposals are still in the pipeline but unfortunately I do not have
    a date of implementation."

John Graham
    Administration Officer
    Public Affairs Office

Obviously with new estates and ever increasing population, the service is slowly being introduced.

I have emailed them recently since seeing and hearing of sightings of 46B in Stepaside. Haven't received a reply, but maybe if a few more of us demand a response ( Email : info@dublinbus.ie, john.graham@dublinbus.ie ), they might deem if worthy to actually inform passengers that this service exists.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,252 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Maybe it was a 44B with the number wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭bazzer

Victor wrote:
    Maybe it was a 44B with the number wrong?

No, it's definitely the 46B. It just hasn't been officially announced - yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Is it possible they're trying out the timings for timetabling purposes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Beats

The phantom exists. Just received following.

I understand you were enquiring about the bus service to Belarmine.

The 46B route now operates to Belarmine at the following times 17.00,17.30,18.00 and from Belarmine at 6.30,7.00,7.30,8.00,8.30,18.00,18.30.

Regards,
    Kevin Synnott
    Dublin Bus
    Public Affairs Department

Now if only we could get them to make it a more regular service.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gfarnan

Beats wrote:
    The phantom exists. Just received following.

I understand you were enquiring about the bus service to Belarmine.

The 46B route now operates to Belarmine at the following times 17.00,17.30,18.00 and from Belarmine at 6.30,7.00,7.30,8.00,8.30,18.00,18.30.

Regards,
    Kevin Synnott
    Dublin Bus
    Public Affairs Department

Now if only we could get them to make it a more regular service.
    Probably could if they probably announced the bl**dy thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

I saw one in Heuston station this morning - either a mislabeled 46A or a mislaid 46B :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,252 ✭✭✭✭Victor

dazberry wrote:
    I saw one in Heuston station this morning - either a mislabeled 46A or a mislaid 46B :)
    I think some 46As do end up in odd locations.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=46A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭falteringstar

Sorry to drag up such an ancient thread!!!!

Can anyone tell me where in Stepaside this bus stops? Is it from outside the Step Inn?

I just got an apartment in Stepaside Park and the 46B would be perfect for work in Donnybrook

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

It comes into Stepaside from Lambs cross direction (Belamine) and turns left at the Garda station while mounting the footpath! Evil turn. So the next stop down that road. Not sure if one prior to the Garda station.

Advertisement