Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHere to Get Laptop Fixed

Options
  • 02-02-2006 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi Lads
    Hoping someone could tell me where ( or possibly How ) I can get my Dell Latitude free of all adware spyware . I have ran many programmes to no avail . The most significant problem is the inability to access basic websites like Gmail , Hotmail ,Ryanair booking , Cao etc . I have reset all security settings . I seem unable to sort it , does anyone know of an affordable shop/person who could sort it out . I really appreciate it
    Regards
    Davor

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

How:
    Download,update and run (In Windows' Safe Mode) Spybot Search&Destroy, and AdAware SE, and AVG Free (All have free versions available, just search the Interweb).
    That should detect and remove spyware and viruses.

Failing that, backup your information. Perform a Recovery (i.e. Wipe/remove everything) using the Dell software (For more details read your manual re: how to activate it). This removes every change since you first started using the unit (i.e. You'll have to re-install programs, and copy your data back,etc.)
    Then apply the above software. Scan and Restore your personal data.
    It's a bit of work...

Advertisement