Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7800gs Agp !!!

Options
  • 02-02-2006 9:56pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭

NVIDIA Brings a GeForce 7 Series GPU to AGP Users

New GeForce 7800 GS AGP Brings the Award-Winning GeForce 7 Series Graphics Architecture to the Huge Installed Base of AGP-Equipped PCs

For further information, contact:

Brian Burke
    NVIDIA Corporation
    (512) 401-4385
    bburke@nvidia.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

SANTA CLARA, CA—FEBRUARY 2, 2006—NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA), the worldwide leader in programmable graphics processor technologies, today announced the new NVIDIA® GeForce 7800 GS graphics processing unit (GPU) for AGP-based systems. Boasting the feature set of the award-winning GeForce 7800 GPUs, the new GeForce 7800 GS GPU features advanced technologies including:

* Support for Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 and high dynamic-range (HDR) rendering for advanced lighting effects, as well as transparency adaptive antialiasing—to deliver ultra-realistic visual quality in the latest games.

* The third-generation NVIDIA architecture optimized for Microsoft® Windows Vista™—designed to give users the best possible experience with the 3D graphical user interface in the upcoming operating system (OS)

* NVIDIA PureVideo™ technology—the combination of high-definition video processors and software delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color, and precise image scaling for the playback of video content.

"Customers with fast AGP systems are an ideal target market for an upgrade to a powerful graphics processor such as the GeForce 7800 GS AGP," said Howard Tong, vice president at Newegg.com. "We are thrilled to have this product, because quite frankly, a GeForce 7800 GPU on an AGP-based add-in card is what a lot of gamers have been asking for."

NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GS AGP-based graphics cards will be available for purchase at Best Buy stores and on www.bestbuy.com, as well as at CompUSA stores on Sunday, February 5, 2006 in North America. Worldwide availability from leading e-tailers such as Newegg.com, TigerDirect.com, and ZipZoomFly.com will be on the following day. Some of the world’s leading add-in card partners will be offering graphics cards based on NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GS AGP GPUs, including AOpen, Asus, BFG Technologies, Club 3D, EVGA Corporation, Gainward, Galaxy, Gigabyte, Innovision, Leadtek, Pine, PNY Technologies, Point of View, Sparkle, and XFX.

"GeForce 7800 GPUs are widely considered the pinnacle of graphics performance for PC gaming enthusiasts, and today’s product introduction will allow a lot of extremely powerful AGP systems to benefit from upgrading to the GeForce 7 Series architecture," said Ujesh Desai, general manager of desktop GPUs at NVIDIA. "PC gaming enthusiasts with tricked-out AGP systems have a lot invested in their computers so the new GeForce 7800 GS AGP GPU will allow them to extend the life of their systems, and keep their PCs on the bleeding edge."

For further information on the GeForce 7800 GS, please visit http://www.nvidia.com.

Komplett & OC Uk will have these babys in stock mid Feb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

overclockers have them at £240 for a normal and £270 for the BFG extreme edition.....not bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Posted in Comp Forum earlier :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I fail to see why anyone who can afford a 7800GS would buy an AGP one. If you're that flush you should have a PCI-Express system by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I disagree

A skt 478, 3.6ghz P4 with a decent mobo would have cost you a fair bit not that long ago................this is defo the cheapest way to get the last dregs of life out of your Skt 478 rig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

The GS is only a bit better than a 6800GT accordingto reviews around the place though.

Seems to be a bit of a savage overclocker. If you're not gonna overclock it seems like a total waste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i'm happy with my x800pro

by the time i can afford to upgade it i'll be going m2 or whatever comes after it...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

Inquitus wrote:
    I disagree

A skt 478, 3.6ghz P4 with a decent mobo would have cost you a fair bit not that long ago................this is defo the cheapest way to get the last dregs of life out of your Skt 478 rig.

Anyone who bought 478 in the last 18 months deserves to be shot imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I was looking at going 939 but what i was going to get would cost me about 900euros and this card only been 316euros. Well i decided in getting the card and hold onto my machine for another year.

I just hope the card oc's well.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

The high end ATI AGP cards are cheaper and better, the x850xt runs rings around it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Inquitus wrote:
    I disagree

Agreed

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

True enough the X850XT does beat it in terms of fps. But from what I heard the X850XT is considerable dearer and the 7800GS has a better feature set so in my view there pretty equal. As mentioned in a previous post it might be a better overclocker than ATI's card which may gave it an added age.

Advertisement