Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attention Musicians

Options
  • 02-02-2006 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hey folks... Myself and a group of friends are in the process of setting up a web site that will pretty much consist of just about everything... Message board, reviews animation etc... But we were thinking the other day it might be a good idea to have a section were people who are in bands etc can have a picture of the band, a few mp3s and a description. The thing is there would only be 10 or so bands on the site at one time then we will bring in 10 new ones a few months later. We figure with such a small number of bands on it there is more chance people will listen to the music..... unlike some of the bigger places that do this…also we could put upcoming gigs up etc for those bands on at the time... the site is planning to launch in March so the sooner you guys get in contact the better as there is not too many spaces left…

anywho anyone who is interested please email me at el-scorchio@hotmail.com i will respond to everyone and that’s a promise... later folks.

Stay Classy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Exactly what we need, yet another site like this :rolleyes:
    Your intentions may be good but there's already an endless number of sites offering bands "space" :confused: and allowing 10 midas acts to be on it hardly seems worth it???

Good luck with it boss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

tbh man i think cpu and myspace pretty much have the monopoly on this one but i'm sure you'll get a few takers..best of luck with it anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 elscorchio

hey guys... how are you all..?

the thing is were not just another "space site" they host 1000s of bands and the odds of someone just happening to stumble across you are very small... on the other hand we are going to have only around ten bands at a time thus when someone comes onto the site they will be faced with a smaller number of bands giving much greater exposure and attention to those we have selected....

elscorchio wrote:
    on the other hand we are going to have only around ten bands at a time thus when someone comes onto the site they will be faced with a smaller number of bands giving much greater exposure and attention to those we have selected....

So, you're an agency then? Sorry man, still don't see the purpose....:confused:

i see where your comin from sorchio but bands will automatically go for the already established root because they are assured a quality service (cpu etc doesn't really suffer from server problems etc). advertise like hell and i'm sure at the very least 10 bands will be more than happy to upload your ****

• Advertisement

cheers jcoote... yeah well we have had 18 contacts in the last two days about in so we just have to pick the bands and get started from there...!

what timeframe do u reckon u'll be up and running within

the plan is up and running by march 1st

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

elscorchio wrote:
    the plan is up and running by march 1st

tee - hee same date im launching a new online music service as well funnily enough, only mine will be rockin''

ah no joking aside i think just having 10 bands is not going to generate much return traffic for the site which would be a major stumbling block when you switch to your new set of 10 bands every month or so, good luck with it anyways

sites like CPU are there to be used as a resource by bands for example last month alone CPU garnered somewhere along the lines of 1,200,000 hits so bands can promote their news, releases to a much wider audience, it generates that amount of traffic because people go there looking for new bands as they know theres somewhere in the region of 1,300 of them on it

just some food for thought and my 2 cents anyways, good luck with the site

Sorry, we don't seem to be making ourselves too clear here. The bands thing is not the primary function of the site. It's a sort of side feature we came up with, as there are a number of small and little-known bands we quite like.

We intend to provide a site with other features such as cartoons, animations, reviews and such... there's other stuff, I just can't remember at the moment.

Anyhow, the idea is that the traffic will be generated by the other stuff, and the bands will be able to receive a proportionaly higher ammount of it due to their small number. Plus, the small number permits selectivity, as we have already mentioned.

• Advertisement

elscorchio wrote:
    the small number permits selectivity

Why bother posting a thread called "Attention Musicians"?? If I understand you correctly you want to "select" whichever bands you like personally to be included on your site, that's closer to the function of a music agency or management company in which case you really need some kind of credentials and you don't advertise on a public forum :D

Sounds very confused to me tbh....

I get what your saying Savman...but were not like an agency. The few of us involved in the site do select what bands we want to put up but we are not an agency... we just want to help out some bands we like get heard by a few more people. We dont expect anything in return from the bands so i dont see why we would need credentials for that...! And like I have said before we are not just a music site..it is just one aspect of our site.

Advertisement