Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Customer Service!!!

Options
  • 02-02-2006 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Writing this to vent a bit before I get back on the phone and deal with the muppets again! I ordered an Inspiron 1300 about two weeks ago and have been in email correspondance with them ever since. First it took ages for the payment to be approved then there was the saga of the order numbers! We had three (not counting the internet receipt number and my customer number). Anyway to cut a long story short I heard back from them today that actually the laptop had left the factory on the 30th and was now with the courier! For almost a week! Of course it's possible that the courier thought it was sufficient to just drive down our street in the middle of the night rather than actually knock on our door but we have had no delivery slips and this was the first we'd heard that the laptop was even built - while I'm on the subject Dells internet order tracking is a total load of cobblers! The first time the internet receipt number (the one that's supposed to work before you get your order number or customer number) actually worked was yesterday - two weeks to the day after I placed the order.
    I want my laptop!!!:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Sorry for your troubles mate ive experianced the exact same before with them.

Send what u just posted to every customer care or complaint address u can find, fax it to them and ring them. Get on to the courier company sounds like they're both to blame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Sesheta

Well I spent most of the morning on the phone to Dell and to Interlink who are the courier company. Dell have said it'll now take 72 hours just to find out what's going on...Interlink have had a little look round said "Oh you mean this laptop" and are now promising to deliver between 10 and 2 tomorrow!:D
    I'm not counting any chickens just yet but it's looking like the new toy could be here for the weekend - sometimes it pays to complain...LOTS!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Nice one. Had a lot of rows with interlink from the other side of things. They have a habit of not knowing what the hell is going on with their packages.

Glad ur sorted anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,942 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

same happened to me

i vent my anger at a manager and demanded a free monitor and i got a 15" lcd monitor the next day

Advertisement