Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating a Multichoice Quiz.....

Options
  • 02-02-2006 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

....much like the Driver Theory Test.

Hi guys,

I have been asked could I create one of these for a school. It would be a similar setup to the Driver Theory Test CD's you get for your home computer.
    • It would be a series of multichoice questions.
    • It would keep track of scores
    • Show the user the incorrect answers
    • Possibly remember there previous scores.
    All this without a database!

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

If you don't want to use a database then save the data to a file (both questions and answers). Pretty simple and straight forward really to implement.

You'd need your UI pretty good as well, if you want it on par with the Driver Theory Test application.

What language are you using to develop this??? You have a thread on learning Java, why not make a stab at it in Java, you won't be long learning a good few things about the language in developing a project like this in Java.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Oh right, I was hoping it could be done using Java. That would be a good insentive to start!

Do you think the theory test was done using java?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It could be done using Java. You would just create the checkboxes/radio buttons on the fly on a canvas.

The DTT is pretty easy. I would of thought it would be written in VB.

However most Training/exam applications use AICC or SCORM.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Hobbes wrote:

The DTT is pretty easy. I would of thought it would be written in VB.

However most Training/exam applications use AICC or SCORM.

Who? What? Where? Why? When?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Boco

SCORM is a set of specifications and standards for learning content which allows you to (among other things) share your own and reuse others learning content (such as the questions in a multiple choice quiz). I think they have a javascript api as part of the whole "package", but that shouldnt stop you from building a scorm compatible multi choice quiz with whatever language you want.

Also, have a look at the IMS QTI specification http://www.imsglobal.org/question/index.html if you are interested in interoperability :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bullring

I've created a script that does this using php and mysql, I give tutors a control panel through which they can add/edit questions, check previous answers etc, I host the script for free on my site, message me if you're interested,

Advertisement